Severan in Direwind

fefe

Reaction score
Stands in the middle of 4 totems, close to ashengate gate.
Undead lvl 80, weak melee on a tank. During fight emotes an order to one of the totems towards a raid member. We had 3 adds pop each time so i assume you have to succeed doing something with the emote. Adds melee is quite weak, <50k HP.

We were low numbers and failed.

Anyone has more info on this ?

I'd say every minute or so. We were not many (~20ish) so he was not going down fast and it felt we didn't have much time inbetween.
Emotes were like that (not exact text i don't have the log on this computer).
Severan calls totem X power on to Y

where X is the name of one of the 4 totems, and Y is one member of the raid.
Y Clicking/attacking the proper totem X right after that emote didn't do

My guild did this last night, it was more of a pita. I ended up dieing with him at about 12%. He has a ton of hp's(go figure). Spits 3 adds out every minute or so. After fighting him a while we finally just started mezzing/kiting adds and focused on him. Had we done that from the start the event wouldn't of lasted nearly as long. So mez/kite the adds, focus main dps on him and its really not that hard.

Wig

Basically this is a DPS fight, and you need solid kiters (SK/Pally's) to kite the adds. When you get him close to where he could enrage, the Totems change into Named Mobs or Named Mobs spawn in their place - scares the crap out of people too-- but they are non-aggro. We were bugged the other night and had both Totems and Named mobs, and also as a server (on CT) first when we originally killed him, the zone crashed.

We have also killed Pyre Lord Narseekin, also a fun fight. http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=22745 . This fight is a lag-opalooza. Believe me. Drops very nice loots, I won some 355+ hps boots that had disease focus I think it was but can't remember if it was from this guy or Severan. Kinda kewl seeing my guild is in pictures on Alla for both too.

pyre lord fight a lag-fest? how so, it seemed pretty simplistic to our guild.

zippy42167 said:
pyre lord fight a lag-fest? how so, it seemed pretty simplistic to our guild.

The camp fire in the center makes it very laggy, with the fire spiralling all the way up, and even with partical effects turned off it is nasty. Not saying there is a problem killing him or the adds, just probably want to cut clip plane down a bit and turn off shading in this area. On CT there are over 150 people in this zone (if you include the 54 ppl or so from my guild) so makes it laggy. We have been the only major guild on CT raiding over the last few weeks, since others are trying to level to 75, so we have killed these guys 3 times already, and done some events in Frostcrypt, etc.

Not one mention of the emotes whats the key to them?

There is a series of quests which mention the totems will help you at the end of them. Does the entire raid need to do these quests? Are they at all related to the emotes?

Has there been anymore info on this event in terms of AE / Totems?

Specific strategies other than kite?

Thanks.

Adds can be snared/rooted, but they despawn/respawn soon after. And usually that means they agro someone near Severan/CH line before Severan calls another target.

I finished all the Prequests from the Dryad and the Drake; but I am unable to get a quest to kill Severan. Is there a phrase to get it or am I missing a prehail ?

At the end of this arc the NPC talks about how the totems can be used to protect you during Severan. There is no task for Severan.

From what I hear from friends who've killed this mob, the encounter requires you to kill the adds as they come, which weaken the totems / boss mob.

That is just what I have heard...suddenly people are all stingy about sharing raid information again...it is kind of frustrating to not be able to get any real info from people about this stuff.

So any confirmation as far as the adds go? Kill them? Kite them?

And for the love of pete, how are the totems involved in this event?

Thanks! :eek:

We killed him last night and had very little healing. Use /hidecorpse all constantly for this fight. We had to chain battle rez due to the lack of healing. This was not on the MT, but on the rest of the bunched raid.

Severan has a ton of hp and high hp regen, which makes the fight last a long time. We were not short on dps I promise you. He hits weak on the MT. That is not your problem. The AEs from him are not bad either. They may kill maybe 1 person a minute at the absolute most. Probably not even that.

The gusts are the main deal to this fight. The gusts do pop about 4 every minute as others say and the adds hit quick for over 1K or so. They appear to flurry, but not 100% sure on that. The key to the fight is plate tanks snatching them up fast and just killing them. Have a dedicated MA, but make sure other spites get the gusts. The gusts will get in your clerics and casters though as everyone is bunched. We had everyone close inside the totems because the normal rat spawns will add during the fight. You can do it without having folks inside, but if so have tanks ready to snatch up the rats.

It can be a long fight, but like I said just have a chain battle rezer and have on the ball spites. At 10% the totems do change and the adds stopped, but I was dead through that.

Last edited:
hidden task/hail?

I have done all the quests that lead up to Sev but don't know how to activate the event.

I had killed all the mobs surrounding the north south east west spires in sunderrock and hailed each of the mobs that spawned.

What is the next step?

Can someone please provide some guidance.