Rocket Ships work without NAZIS (NASA)

fauxshizle

Reaction score
Took 100 years of Comic book space adventures, and someone OTHER than the Nazi Scientists of NASA, (Nazi Assimilation Secret Agency), to finally realize that Rockets SHOULD take off and LAND Vertically, .....Making the cost of putting things into orbit, 100 times cheaper than NASA does it. Good job SpaceX (note: No Nazi's were used in the creation of this rocket, or killed unfortunately..)

Grasshopper 10 Story Rocket Takeoff / Hover at 820 feet and Land

SpaceX's Grasshopper flies 820 feet, tripling its March 7th leap.
Grasshopper is a 10-story Vertical Takeoff Vertical Landing (VTVL) vehicle that SpaceX has designed to test the technologies needed to return a rocket back to Earth intact. While most rockets are designed to burn up in the atmosphere during reentry, SpaceX's rockets are being designed to return to the launch pad for a vertical landing.

So March 7th it went about 270 feet.

On April 22nd it went 820 feet. An increase of 550 feet in 36 days.

Since space is roughly 328,084 feet above sea level at this rate they'll get there in oh 59 years or so.

Since space is roughly 328,084 feet above sea level at this rate they'll get there in oh 59 years or so.

Or you can look at it as triple the height in 36 days, so 36 more days, tripled again, and so on, and so on.

We'll be there in under a year =P

Depends on how you do the math... You can't really make a pattern out of 2 data points heh.

Its obvious that many people don't understand the "big" hurdle has already been over come with this test. How difficult is it to say " once 1000 feet in the air....hit the gas and get into orbit......its not... that's the part we figured out 50 years ago.....the only thing to do now, is basically re-enter the atmosphere and reduce velocity and angle, then achieve what you just saw demonstrated.....a hover and land... that's why its news....The programmers and stupid-fast on board computers are why this VTOL rocket took so long. Why don't you see robots running around on 2 legs......with feet that look like ours.....balance requires a shit-ton of adjustments you take for granted. Learn a little basic physics and you would appreciate how smart they are, and how dumb you were.
Ohh and NASA sucks a dick....

I was being intentionally obstinate. But that aside, what is their eventual goal?

landing and taking off with the same ship in a cost effective way ? I would assume is the main goal. Also to make it look like boba fetts ship

When I watched/read that I thought it was more about the Fuel tanks/booster rockets that get jettisoned off that are designed to burn up after doing so while re entering the lower atmosphere.

This took so long because NAZIS(as you call them)was content with the cost it was already spending to get into Space so it never really needed an alternative method.

I was being intentionally obstinate. But that aside, what is their eventual goal?

Step 1 - Fire a rocket
Step 2 - Have it land vertically
Step 3 - This space left intentionally blank
Step 4 - World Domination

NASA stopped being innovative 30 years ago. We never forced them to change and this is what we get a useless space program that is falling behind rest of the world.

Our space program isn't just falling behind the rest of the world, its been eliminated. NASA is no longer publicly funded. When the U.S. wants to send astronauts to the space station we hitch a ride with the Russians. NASA is still around but it basically just makes money licensing its logo to space mercs that want to lend their project legitimacy.

As far as not forcing them to innovate and change, your right they didn't. But it wasn't like it was a huge focus and they dropped the ball. The era of interest just ended. It used to be omg space stations, aliens, exploration, colonization of other planets.

Then people were like, oh shit whats this internet thing. Facebook, day trading, flat screen TV's, iphones, mmo's, etc took precedence. We turned our interest back to the immediate "real world" and that was basically all she wrote.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

I think it is basic human nature that large leaps and bounds keep our interests but once you go a while without something to "wow" the public people will become less interested naturally.

We advanced so quickly with our space program that it didn't take long for the low hanging fruit to get knocked out. Now we are in it for the longer haul. Getting a person to the moon was an eight year endeavor. The space shuttle took five years before the public saw the first tests. Since then, we've had little "wow" moments that keep the public engaged. I don't think it is the fault of the agency. They continued to innovate but on much smaller scales than with the Apollo or the Shuttle programs.

Arguably, getting a person to Mars or colonizing other terrestrial bodies poses an entirely different set of challenges. There are technological hurdles on the micro level that have to be surpassed before such a project is even feasible.

Whether the private sector can get us there or not is yet to be seen. What was obvious is that the way NASA operated as it was designed to since its inception does not properly address the rapid decline of public interest.

In my opinion, no space program can be successful without global cooperation and participation. Space exploration as a common goal has extraordinary implications on foreign policy (US military personnel riding on Russian rockets!) and may be the key to uniting the world moving forward. Unfortunately, I think it will take a human extinction event on Earth before we all start thinking that way.

Mars or Bust!

Space exploration should be STRICTLY a pursuit of private enterprise and, as always the case with big corporations, if they see profit potential into going back to the Moon or to Mars they'll make the necessary investments and be more than willing to partner internationally with foreign enterprises to get the job done.

But they have to see some kind of profit potential, and since most corporations have to report to their stockholders quarterly, the timeline can't be too long.

That's why I doubt they'd get to Mars until it becomes a much easier task because corporations have mastered getting to---and exploiting---the Moon, nearby asteroids, space stations in orbit around the sun, etc., etc. While Columbus's voyage to the New World was somewhat precedent-setting in reality it did follow many exploratory voyages in the oceans around Africa and Asia first. I'd guess at least 50-100 years so only the youngest amongst us on these forums are likely to hear radio transmissions from live humans on the Red Planet.

As much as I was enraptured by the Apollo missions back when I was young and naïve it's most definitely NOT the job of government to spend billions in taxpayer funds on trips to the Moon unless there's some clear major public benefit to be had. Maybe "beating the Russians" (who weren't really even IN the "space race" but nobody told the average American that in the 1960s) had a public benefit but I doubt it was worth the billions spent. Getting to the Moon accomplished very little as a direct result of landing there. We didn't discover any valuable new elements or even proof of life beyond Earth. The Moon didn't turn out to be a big ball of exploitable dilithium crystals or even an eternal supply of swiss cheese! The benefits obtained were all "side effects" arising from the technological advancements needed to send living men to the moon, keep them alive up there for a few days and then return them home---hopefully still alive.

The hard cold reality is that when this country has thousands of citizens living below the poverty line we can't afford to spend PUBLIC money on grandiose endeavors like sending men to Mars. And I'm not talking about the money being better spent on welfare and govt handouts. I'm talking about using it to strengthen our economy and generate jobs so that these citizens can work and rise above the poverty line. Part of that process is REDUCING the tax burden on the economy and that means "bye bye" to the massive pot of money that would be needed just to brainstorm how to send men to Mars.

Notice I said CITIZENS too. We also need to invest some of those "Mars dollars" into ridding our country of illegal aliens and "citizens" of the sort that blew up the Boston Marathon. I keep hearing a proper border fence will cost "billions" and the good news is that I also hear that a proper Mars mission with cost "billions" too!

Yeah, I agree with Stephen Hawkings that mankind "needs" to populate other planets to protect itself from a "human extinction event." But can we afford the cost? He doesn't seem to have much to say about that.

Leave space, the Moon and Mars to private enterprise and unfetter them by getting out of their way. If it's worth getting there, they'll find a way to do it.

Last edited:
Threads like this that are full of arrogant and half-baked neophyte rants are a good reason to stay out of general chat.

*sighs loudly*

This took so long because NAZIS(as you call them)was content with the cost it was already spending to get into Space so it never really needed an alternative method.

Yes, its about efficiency, something the unlimited budget Military Industrial Complex does not worry about. And Yes...Uncle Sam brought NAZI SS officers like the "FATHER OF NASA" Wernher von Braun and his brigade of V2 Rocket engineers "Operation Paperclip" to develop our absent space program.

Threads like this that are full of arrogant and half-baked neophyte rants are a good reason to stay out of general chat.

*sighs loudly*

And yet, you posted here to share your halitosis.

Last edited:
I really don't understand all the hate for NASA. Our technology level might not be where it is today if it wasn't for NASA. They helped push the bounds of computing and were the first to experiment with numerous product applications that some of use every day. Examples: They were the first to use satellites for long range communications. Developed scratch resistant coatings for the astronauts visors that is used eye glasses and things like that still today. Memory foam, cordless tools, water filters, even athletic shoes can be laid at NASA's feet as either helping invent, directly inventing, or furthering the technology of something. And that is just the few items I found from searching for a couple of minutes.

NASA has always been a government agency and at the mercy of funds the government gives to it. And the government basically gets to decide how NASA uses those funds as well. Like Obama signing an act into law canceling the Constellation Program in 2010 (this was basically a program aiming at getting deeper and deeper into space). Instead the government has NASA working on things closer to home with a heavy lift vehicle capable of transporting heavy objects into low earth orbit. In particular one of these heavy objects will be the Orion spacecraft which they plan to use to have people around the moon again by 2020, and to mars in the 2030s. I think the idea is the HLV will take the place of the old rockets to get heavy things into space but be reusable. And it's not intended to carry people with it so there won't have to be any extra things like life support and cabins and such to weight it down and limit it's function.

I don't know all the details of the Orion spacecraft but I believe once it's in space it's planned to stay there, possibly docked with the ISS, rather than returning to earth like the Shuttles did. Instead NASA is working with private companies to facilitate transportation to the space station, and will use the HLV for transporting fuel and other things to it. This should improve the reliability of the spacecraft and make it have lower maintenance since it won't have to deal with re-entry. Also it will be designed for space flight, unlike the shuttle that was designed specifically for shuttling people into space and back down to earth. The shuttles were never intended to be used as long as they were, thats another thing you can lay at the governments feet for causing.

Anyway... bottom line is you are misdirecting your hate at NASA, you should instead direct it at the government that ties NASA's hands. NASA itself has and continues to make great strides given the limited funds and restrictions placed on it.

Last edited:
Devestator is the voice of reason!

I'm also happy with NASA's work; they're drawing dicks on Mars!
mer2-590.jpg

I really don't understand all the hate for NASA. Our technology level might not be where it is today if it wasn't for NASA. They helped push the bounds of computing and were the first to experiment with numerous product applications that some of use every day. Examples: They were the first to use satellites for long range communications. Developed scratch resistant coatings for the astronauts visors that is used eye glasses and things like that still today. Memory foam, cordless tools, water filters, even athletic shoes.

NASA is only a puppet show to misdirect the public's attention from the weapons programs that are behind every "project". If by-products of these programs that trickle down to the consumer population like "Memory foam, cordless tools, water filters, athletic shoes" are enough to justify Trillions of dollars spent without ONE defensive or permanent orbital or moon based station, then im sure your overjoyed with current politicians.

Did NASA invent Athletic Shoes? Really?

Somone better tell Converse!
Marguis Millls Converse invented converse shoes back in 1908. The company provided soled shoes for men, women and children. By 1910 converse produced 4,000 shoes daily. Converse costomized shoes for the New York Renaissance which was the first all african american basketball team.

Did NASA invent cordless power tools?

No. The first cordless power tool was unveiled by Black & Decker in 1961. In the mid-1960s, Martin Marietta Corporation contracted with Black & Decker to design tools for NASA. The tool company developed a zero-impact wrench for the Gemini project that spun bolts in zero gravity without spinning the astronaut. Black & Decker also designed a cordless rotary hammer drill for the Apollo moon program. The drill was used to extract rock samples from the surface of the moon and could operate at extreme temperatures and in zero-atmosphere conditions. Before the zero-impact wrench and rotary hammer drill could go into space, they needed to be tested in anti-gravity conditions. Black & Decker and NASA tested the tools either under water or in transport planes that would climb to the highest possible altitude and then nosedive to simulate anti-gravity conditions. As a result of this work, Black & Decker created several spinoffs, including cordless lightweight battery powered precision medical instruments and a cordless miniature vacuum cleaner called the Dustbuster, but cordless power tools predate the Space Agency’s involvement with the company.

Did NASA invent Water filters.....not the kind you will ever benefit from. Unless you recycle your own urine on the spot.

MEMORY FOAM....yes NASA did give you the Memory Foam mattress.
Sleep has never be so damn squishy.

NASA.gov will help clear the spin-off confusion.

Last edited:
I really don't understand all the hate for NASA. Our technology level might not be where it is today if it wasn't for NASA. They helped push the bounds of computing and were the first to experiment with numerous product applications that some of use every day. Examples: They were the first to use satellites for long range communications. Developed scratch resistant coatings for the astronauts visors that is used eye glasses and things like that still today. Memory foam, cordless tools, water filters, even athletic shoes.

NASA is only a puppet show to misdirect the public's attention from the weapons programs that are behind every "project". If by-products of these programs that trickle down to the consumer population like "Memory foam, cordless tools, water filters, athletic shoes" are enough to justify Trillions of dollars spent without ONE defensive or permanent orbital or moon based station, then im sure your overjoyed with current politicians.

Did NASA invent Athletic Shoes? Really?

Somone better tell Converse!
Marguis Millls Converse invented converse shoes back in 1908. The company provided soled shoes for men, women and children. By 1910 converse produced 4,000 shoes daily. Converse costomized shoes for the New York Renaissance which was the first all african american basketball team.

Did NASA invent cordless power tools?

No. The first cordless power tool was unveiled by Black & Decker in 1961. In the mid-1960s, Martin Marietta Corporation contracted with Black & Decker to design tools for NASA. The tool company developed a zero-impact wrench for the Gemini project that spun bolts in zero gravity without spinning the astronaut. Black & Decker also designed a cordless rotary hammer drill for the Apollo moon program. The drill was used to extract rock samples from the surface of the moon and could operate at extreme temperatures and in zero-atmosphere conditions. Before the zero-impact wrench and rotary hammer drill could go into space, they needed to be tested in anti-gravity conditions. Black & Decker and NASA tested the tools either under water or in transport planes that would climb to the highest possible altitude and then nosedive to simulate anti-gravity conditions. As a result of this work, Black & Decker created several spinoffs, including cordless lightweight battery powered precision medical instruments and a cordless miniature vacuum cleaner called the Dustbuster, but cordless power tools predate the Space Agency’s involvement with the company.

Did NASA invent Water filters.....not the kind you will ever benefit from. Unless you recycle your own urine on the spot.

MEMORY FOAM....yes NASA did give you the Memory Foam mattress.
Sleep has never be so damn squishy.

NASA.gov will help clear the spin-off confusion.

ok first i would like to say thanks to blitz, i was waiting all day for someone to acknowledge my bobba fett comment.

Next and i quote dev .

"Memory foam, cordless tools, water filters, even athletic shoes can be laid at NASA's feet as either helping invent, directly inventing, or furthering the technology of something. And that is just the few items I found from searching for a couple of minutes."

Dev does not state they invented all of those things but also helped improve them.