pull mac is targetting merc's since patch

blueboy9

Reaction score
Anyone know a quick fix to stop my auto pull macro from targetting my mercenaries? I'm guessing I have to add an if somewhere in the target acquisition loop.. something like

if (${Target.ID} == "MercName") {
do stuff }

or is there code already written to ignore certain npc's?

some thing to that effect should work, but they always say hardcoding is bad...
im sure some one has the correct code to simply check if its a merc, or grp member or some such that would work for any merc... what macro is it that your using.. there are a few pull macros, all of them seemed to have issues for me, havnt gotten one ironed out myself yet.

Last edited:
Probably easier to add an alert. If it has any NPC targetted for more than "X"Seconds, without its hp moving, it adds its to alert and skips it.

For example, it targets merc, obviously HP wont move, 20 seconds later, it skips and wont try to target again.

However, alerts are beyond me, so someone else will have to write up the sub for you :p

make sure you're really using the latest release. the first one this week had a mercenary bug.

I just had the same problem. Then I manually typed /tar npc into EQ and it targeted the nearest npc, as expected, instead of the merc. I tried it several times in several ways with merc in front, behind, whatever. Worked right every time.

So I ran the puller mac without changing it and it worked, too. Bizarre.

Updated to latest release, problem solved. Thanks guys.