Possibly adding a 4th Box - Suggestions

zerotrip521

Reaction score
Hey all -

Currently I play a SK ( Main ) with max AAs, 4600 AC unbuff etc... I also box a sham with about 16k mana, and 1k AAs.. Lastly I have a ranger box, that also has max AAs.

I am considering adding a fourth, I have an alt account that I have used to lvl up chars just to have fun with. At the moment I have a 80 zerker Anguish / PoR geared, a 75 mage, 70 bard, and a 70 cleric on the account. I am having issues deciding which one of those would be the most viable choice to add as a fourth box.

Any suggestions please =)

There's another thread exactly as your's...4 box setups, that's about a week or so old if you just check it out instead of everyone typing the same stuff.

with your current set up I would add a rogue/zerker/monk added melee dps will be more effective long term then caster dps. either of those classes would IMO make a good addition what one depends more on what you want.

or the obvious choice being a cleric so you can kill bigger and better things... not to mention utilize the shaman for dps as well as slowing, etc rather than just straight heals and slow.

If it was me I'd lose the ranger and pick a better core class to go in the foursome. Long term when (well if) you decide to start running 6 you'll be much better off.

I would go for the cleric, shaman heals can't really keep up for any decent mob. A secondary healer is always good, I run a druid (max healing aa, crits 1 second heals for about 10k each time, or ~600 dps when not healing) and a cleric in my 6 box group and healing is never a problem... but then again I would also suggest swapping out your tank for a warrior with defensive for anything big in SoF. My 6 box: war, dru, enc, clr, rog, brd.

Thoughts

Drop the ranger get a monk and add a cleric

I really dont see why so much hate on rangers. They are a solid class. Just add another melee DPS.

You have to remember he wants something to go with what he has. Not remake his whole group. Thats probably why he asked in a different thread then the other one that was started.

Keep the ranger, use the cleric, or the bard.

Everyone might disagree to the bard, but it's a solid class, it's not the DPS class everyone wants, but it's a great utility class. With the right macro it can be a great boxing class, I loved having mine with my couple of builds I had over the year. I would 3 box with a Warrior, Cleric, Bard and never had any problems keeping up. Simply because of mez and single pulls.

I agree on the bard option. While Bard itself is not massive DPS the damage shield + haste is a drastic increase to your groups overall DPS.

I really dont see why so much hate on rangers. They are a solid class. Just add another melee DPS.

You have to remember he wants something to go with what he has. Not remake his whole group. Thats probably why he asked in a different thread then the other one that was started.

Ok then, get another ranger and add a cleric..