Plugin: MQ2Rez

the body disappears during a patch. wish they would patch! :-D

This plugin is one of the best ones I use on my Cleric when she dies. Anyone find a fix for it yet?

This plugin is one of the best ones I use on my Cleric when she dies. Anyone find a fix for it yet?

Well since its been nerfed... I would take a wild guess and say no?

nerfed?

k. its late. but usually when u refer to something that has been "nerfed" either means they took the functionality out of the entire game or moved it serverside.

theoretically nothing is ever nerfed....u haven't found a way to do it, or its illegal.

the plugin still works but w/ bugs. yes, it sends a redflag but, it still works if i'm not mistaken. which means it just needs fixed. now if certain parts of it are serverside then yes, i'm not touchin it w/ a ten foot pole. but the functionality is still there.

point is never give up hope or determination. and unless devs say "its serverside", chances are it may b around again someday.

and theoretically,again, even that may one day b worked around!

-deuces.

k. its late. but usually when u refer to something that has been "nerfed" either means they took the functionality out of the entire game or moved it serverside.

theoretically nothing is ever nerfed....u haven't found a way to do it, or its illegal.

the plugin still works but w/ bugs. yes, it sends a redflag but, it still works if i'm not mistaken. which means it just needs fixed. now if certain parts of it are serverside then yes, i'm not touchin it w/ a ten foot pole. but the functionality is still there.

point is never give up hope or determination. and unless devs say "its serverside", chances are it may b around again someday.

and theoretically,again, even that may one day b worked around!

-deuces.

Not happening, and using it screams I hack because it leaves a corpse behind that cannot be looted and doesn't disappear unless server/zone gets reset.

Put it this way: I said it, therefore you should consider it to be about as good as the devs saying it. If I'm not sure about something, I say so. Using that part of the plugin would be stupid along the lines of leaving a thousand of your corpses in the shape of the word MQ2 in PoK or the lobby.

Just curious how rezme would work in an instanced zone. You could use it to rez yourself, leaving a bugged corpse. But when you quit the mission and the instance poofs, your bugged corpse would poof along with it. right?

Instances are different, they drop their corpses outside of the zone when they crash, so no promises about what would happen.

In reality, this shit is broken. SOE finally fixed what was allowing it to be abused. Unless you feel like getting banned, I'd leave it alone and get used to /zone <corpse zone>...

BC

From how it has been described, it turns your corpse into a null object -- in theory, yes, it would disappear from an instance, not reappear outside...but I would not recommend testing this.

I'll chime in here ....

Way back when, I was testing this plugin with thez and got an invalid corpse that popped outside of the instance I was testing it. There was nothing I could do about it, so i let it go. Now, every time I log in (and don't know if this has been fixed -- this was before this was broken and lead to all these invalid corpses), I get the "you have a corpse in Shadowrest" message. If I go there, the corpse summoners summon my corpse, but i still cannot do anything with it. So it just stays there "forever".

Like I said, I quit EQ before /rezme was broken and all the invalid corpses started. I don't know if my corpse is still there or not ...

Bless the never quit attitude, I salute you all!

Just read this whole thread. You folks are amazing all the debugging & coding :eek: just to have it hosed in the end by the game :mad::mad: