New Expansion for EQ - Secrets of Faydwer

Mori

I like pie..
Reaction score
Rediscover Faydwer as you strive to thwart the plans of the evil gnomish necromancer, Meldrath the Malignant. Meldrath takes his Fortress Mechanotus to the skies on a mission destruction exposing a network of mineshafts and tunnels that lead across the Steamfont Mountains to the unexplored lands of Faydwer.

Prepare for adventures with new friends and foes as you do battle against angry clockwork machines and come face to face with the great prismatic dragon, Kerafyrm, who plots to end the world.

Features:

-Heroic items: Push yourself beyond your limits Heroic Items that take your abilities beyond their maximum potential.

-Level cap increase to level 80.

-New Zones, Non Player Characters, and Interactive Objects

-New Alternate Advancement Abilities, Spells, and Items.

Read more at www.everquest.com

Did I forget to mention fuck sony?

Personally, as person with an end game toon, I say this lvl 80 think sucks..its bad enough that the end game people now are running out of places to go, new level cap goes up, red's go to yellow-blue..yellow's go to DB-LowDB, DB's go to LB, LB's go to green and green goes to gray so..as I said previously FUCK SOE...

They do this so it forces you to use the new content. They don't want you camping old zones like PoFire 3 years later. They want you doing new zones. As I said in IRC the other day. Just leave game for 2 years come back get a multi pack update then go back thru and raid the last 2 expansions while your 90.

I hope soe ban me soon :eek:
Can't end this madness myself :(

Heck, while I'm in a ranting and raving mood, lets pick apart the rest of the next expansions' features (just for fun) :

Heroic items: Push yourself beyond your limits with Heroic Items that take your abilities beyond their maximum potential.

Now you can have kids in EQ. Yes, thats' right, offspring to push you beyond your limits and take you beyond your maximum tolernaces !! Never worry about falling asleep at the keyboard with your own personal non-dismissable sidekick constantly pestering you in game. Volume is auto-controlled and will not shut off until you complete the full quest each time, every time, and all the time you play, and the constant new audio-trigger of "are we almost there yet" will play over and over every few seconds. Order the digital download in advance and receive a token for twins !!! (double your pleasure ) *grin*

Level cap increase to level 80.

So you say you don't want to grind the old, crowded zones for XP to raise a few more levels? Fahgedaboutit !!! Our new system is revolutionary in that all you have to do is log into the game and you'll automatically ding a level* . Easy as that ** ! Nothing else necessary for you to do***

(note * = denotes an additional fee of $99.99 automatically charged to you credit card. Players who use timecards will have to prepay their account $99.99 before this feature is enabled)
(note ** = denotes this is a recurring daily fee that will automatically charge every time you log in and count backwards a few days, even if it's too many, and back-charge you $99.99 for each day you played, didn't play, thought about playing or even remotely heard a song with the word "play" in it (and yes, hitting the 'play' button on your VCR or DVD player does count as another chargeable instance)
(note *** = $99.99 has been charged to your credit card just for reading this. Please read this line a few more times, for our sake)

New Zones, Non Player Characters, and Interactive Objects.

Now you can get to have a zone entirely to yourself. No more camp stealing or someone-killed-our-raid-target-already problems. Everytime you visit Dizneeland (the new zone), you'll be the only person in it. Minimum persons required to enter zone is only ONE (of course maximum persons allowed is only one also). Never die while in Dizneeland, since there are no mobs in it, no detrimental spells affect you, you cannot fall, jump, move, turn, auto-attack, sacrifice yourself or oven modrod or canni yourself down in HPs. Survive for days at a time, even AFK !
Ever wish you could be a banker, or a merchant.. how about the actual GM skill trainer himself? Wouldn't that be cool. Well, now you can. Play as almost any single NPC in the entire Everquest history * . Think of the weeks and weeks of fun being the banker, seeing what everyone else has and being unable to move from that spot. Be polite to everyone automatically and never need sleep or to use the bathroom again (well, not to move from your designated spot anyhow..ewwww!).

(note * = static NPCs only.. anyone caught moving while in this NPC form will be auto-rolled back to level 1 and stripped or everything except their Gloomingdeep lantern)

New Alternate Advancement Abilities, Spells and Items.'

Enjoy the vast array of entirely new abilities such as for Wizards : a nuke so powerful it'll even damage the NEXT mob that spawns there by 25%.
For Clerics you finally get a CH that not only is a 0.1 sec cast time and refresh time, but actually ADDS 50 mana each time you cast it.
Warriors get a new discipline that ripostes damage from any mob, then turns that into a mini-spawn of yourself that aggro's any of the other mobs around, effectively making you a killing machine.
Necros can get 'move while FD' AA once they reach L80, and even an AA to remove any components from rezzing others.
Druids can now port people to any given spot in a zone simply by gaining the AA "Succor : WTHami " (cost is 75 per rank)
Rangers now get to their bind point 25% faster. Beastlords have been revamped with the on-the-go switching ability to be any class, max stats, at any time they wish, and we havent' forgotten about Ber....umm.. Berzark.. umm...that other class that does DPS.. we've got something great in store for those 3 players on each server!!