MQ2FamKiller

Deezsnutz

Reaction score
Can anyone please compile this for me please.

Code:
// MQ2FamiliarKiller.cpp :
//Kills Wizard Flappies on zone and checks now and then if another one is up.
//Those pesky Familiars keep showing up all the time :)

#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"

PreSetup("MQ2FamiliarKiller");

PLUGIN_API VOID InitializePlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Initializing MQ2FamiliarKiller");
}

PLUGIN_API VOID ShutdownPlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Shutting down MQ2FamiliarKiller");
}

PLUGIN_API VOID OnAddSpawn(PSPAWNINFO pNewSpawn)
{
   if (strstr(pNewSpawn->DisplayedName, "familiar")) {
      if(GetSpawnType(pNewSpawn)==PET){
         if(strstr(pNewSpawn->DisplayedName,GetCharInfo()->pSpawn->DisplayedName)) {
            DoCommand(NULL,"/pet get lost");
            WriteChatColor("[MQ2FamiliarKiller] Rest in peace flappy.", USERCOLOR_DEFAULT);
         }
      }
   }
}

That's awesome. I would totally use that... sorry I don't have a devel environment here to compile it for you.

A couple of tweaks I would recommend: because non-wizard familiars kill their buff when you /pet get lost, I would check if your class=wizard before killing it.

And for future development, it could have the option to replace all "Soandso's familiar" where model=(drake|bazu|dragon|whatever|all) to invisible man model, that would be sweet!

this works well on my wizzy, have yet to try it on my other toons with familars, i have the wolf pet from icefall on my monk will try that soon. just guessing but i think i will have to unload the plugin for him, or is there a way to deactivate it for my non wizzy toons?

I slightly modified it.

1) Only kills wiz familiars.
2) Random delay before killing it, up to a few seconds (delay changes every time fam is to be killed).
3) Works if recalled inzone, initial zoning, etc.

htw

Attachments

• MQ2FamKiller.rar
    60.9 KB · Views: 11
Possible Update?

I cannot compile my own atm, any chance this could be reconfigured to now kill off the LoN familiars since the buffs stay now? Thanks in advance.

any plans of putting this in the compile for good? if this gets modified to work on lon familiars, it'd be kick ass considering all the pet bugs and such lately.

It's already like that. I did, however, forget to document the change here.

If you have loaded the plugin, unload it (or quit EQ or unload MQ2). Look in your MQ2 dir, there should be a MQ2FamKiller.ini.

Edit it, and change WizOnly=on to WizOnly=off.

Load plugin, or start up EQ, etc.

htw

also kills the Summon Resupply Agent ability

MQ2FamKiller does a great job at killing your familiar, however, it also kills your 10-year Vet Reward ... Summon Resupply Agent. Obviously, the reason is because the resupply agent is also called XXXXX's familiar, however, there may be some other way to distinguish the resupply agent from a familiar (Target.Type maybe...sorry I haven't investigated this further).

For now, I have been having to turn this plugin off when I summon my resupply agent so he doesn't poof a few seconds later (recast time on this ability is ~ 1 day). Any chance for an update to fix this problem?

MQ2FamKiller does a great job at killing your familiar, however, it also kills your 10-year Vet Reward ... Summon Resupply Agent. Obviously, the reason is because the resupply agent is also called XXXXX's familiar, however, there may be some other way to distinguish the resupply agent from a familiar (Target.Type maybe...sorry I haven't investigated this further).

For now, I have been having to turn this plugin off when I summon my resupply agent so he doesn't poof a few seconds later (recast time on this ability is ~ 1 day). Any chance for an update to fix this problem?

I'll do some testing, and see what can be done.

htw

no news about killing familiar but not hte resuply agent or the new banker aa ) ?

Deezsnutz and Htw you guys rock. Thanks so much for sharing this code.