Microsoft Visual Studio 2005... Free, courtesy of Microsoft.

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Before you say anything, no this is no warez, and yes this is real, and yes it is legal. Plain and simple, Microsoft will send you Visual Studio 2005 (.net) beta 2 for free. You must pay shipping in some regions (was $6 for me).

This is a FULL version of Visual Studio. Not a trial, but a beta. While a beta, it is still proven to be very fast and stable, and is the IDE of choice for many developers. The bugs are very minor and I doubt you'll even run into one. This product is solid, professional, and free! It's a must have if you plan on programming on the Windows platform.

The free package includes full versions of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005. You will get a nicely packaged DVD or CD set with a "Genuine Microsoft" logo for less than the price of some crappy fast food. With McDonalds, the only thing you can produce is a bunch of shit to punish your toilet with. With Visual Studio 2005, you can produce some FINE software.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/country/

** Don't want to wait for shipping? Or do you just want one or two components of Visual Studio and don't care for the bloat? You're in luck. Microsoft made Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions just for you. Download what you need right now.

For a complete listing on available Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition downloads, go here: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

I hope this thread proves itself useful!

Last edited:
Fry, i got a problem. I got a Version but i cannot install it, everytime this error:

ErrorVisual.jpg

U know this error and can help me ?

"Error with providing the process" is what that translates to..

You are using the german version I take it.. I would make sure it downloaded and installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Do you have the german version of Windows XP or whatever your OS is? I would imagine it would have a problem with the incorrect region settings if you were installing on an english version of the OS..

Does this error come up before it goes to download the package? I was able to download the english version and it installed without a hiccup. I'm running it on Windows 2000 Professional at work. (I have the full version and Windows XP Pro x64 at home)..

Psycotic said:
"Error with providing the process" is what that translates to..

You are using the german version I take it.. I would make sure it downloaded and installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Do you have the german version of Windows XP or whatever your OS is? I would imagine it would have a problem with the incorrect region settings if you were installing on an english version of the OS..

Does this error come up before it goes to download the package? I was able to download the english version and it installed without a hiccup. I'm running it on Windows 2000 Professional at work. (I have the full version and Windows XP Pro x64 at home)..

I got WinXP Prof English but the Visualstudio is german. May i can change winXp settings so i can install the german version ?

I was finally able to get Visual Studios Express to function. Here's one solution... It looks like MQ2 still has some bugs with it though...

1. Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express

2. Download Microsoft Platform SDK

3. Install Both Packages

4. Browse to %Program Files%\Microsoft Platform SDK\

5. Hold down CTRL, and click on 'bin', 'lib', and 'include'

6. Right-Click on one of them and select 'Copy'

7. Browse to %Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC

8. Make a new folder called 'PlatformSDK'

9. Right-Click on 'PlatformSDK' and click 'Paste'

It does look like MQ2 has some trouble with the express version.. Browsing their forum I came across these:
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=89553#89553

and

http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12761

Which seem to address the code problems with it.. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can get it to work