Lol@news anchors

riot

Reaction score
Anyone else read this story? Absolutely hilarious that they actually said these names on live television during a news broadcast!

http://news.yahoo.com/ntsb-apologiz...mes-041704046.html?.tsrc=samsungwn&.sep=table

For those who don't want to click on the link, here's the funny part.

On Friday, an anchor for Oakland, California, station*KTVU*read a list of the supposed names of the pilots of the South Korean carrier on its noon broadcast after an employee apparently called the NTSB seeking to verify them.

The names appear to mock the events of the crash. The prank names were:*Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo,*Ho Lee Fuk*and Bang Ding Ow.

Just fucking epic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That is incredible that they actually read those names on the air...:eek:

Damn it! Who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you put on that prompter, Burgundy will read!

I feel like I would thoroughly enjoy running a news station that presents the news in a hilarious way. Such as this.

I feel like I would thoroughly enjoy running a news station that presents the news in a hilarious way. Such as this.

If I never had to worry about working again, and I worked at the NTSB, I would be having so much fun doing crap like this until I got fired =).

In related news, the US' relationship with Korea plummeted.

I hope they get sued the fuck out off by Asiana. Taking a tragedy and mocking it as an individual person is one thing, but when you are a for profit business such as that, they should have refrained.

What I found funny is how the NTSB blamed it on a summer intern for leaking the names. Yet we have no information on this supposed intern, and the fact that they blamed it on an intern that is volunteer status instead of a paid employee makes me wonder if this intern actually even exists. They noted they let the intern go, but no information regarding the intern makes it sound like its an imaginary intern..

The intern didn't release the names, he only supposedly confirmed them. The news station called the ntsb with a list of names and asked for confirmation that they were correct.

I bet the intern thought 'man, no one can be this stupid. It must be a prank call' and just played along with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XtpYGHJ34w]The Colbert Report 07/15/13 Naming the Pilots - YouTube[/ame]