Keeping Pet Items On Pet When You Log

You don't have to be in guild hall to do that (log w/LoD on). I know a powerleveler who (with your permission) will pop your LoD and log your character until each mob is about to die. He logs the char back in, autogroups him and kills the mob. Then he camps your character again until the next one.

He can make LoD last a good 3-4 hours (and more I'm sure).

But yes, LoD will decay no matter where you are (guild hall, lobby, PoK, wherever).

What's with all the necroposts lately? Holy cow.

+post count

someone is getting their post count up. its the same person over and over

I love this...Stanley comes in, reads old posts, and says thanks for em. We kick his ass for being a necro.

Other dude comes in and asks a question without reading old posts. We kick his ass for being lazy.

Glad I'm not new.

BC

There's a major difference.

Saying, "Sweet, thanks" adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. If Stanley had said something like "Tried this out -- still works, thanks for info" I don't think people would be giving him as much shit.

Personally, i don't care either way. There's no advantage to having a high post count that I can think of (unless maybe you're trying to convince people that you contribute a lot), so if you want to bump old posts, fine by me.

Maybe the newbs that "ask a question without reading old posts" will read them.

(I wouldn't hold my breath, though.)

If I honestly believed he was just saying thanks to show appreciation, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
But look at the raid strategies section. He was just going through bumping everything with inane crap.
Look at the PoJustice flag thread Fry posted, and his last post.
http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everquest-cheats-and-guides/1796-easy-plane-of-justice-flag-2.html

Bumped a thread a few years old to contribute:
"bummer".

I'm surprised no one neg rep'd him to hell and back.
The only benefit I can see to post counts is raising rep 1 point at a time for every xx posts.

The only benefit I can see to post counts is raising rep 1 point at a time for every xx posts.

Off topic, but 50 posts for 1 rep point powah, and its capped anyway so post padding for that would be meh.