How to play a berserker?

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question but I've never played one and created a lvl 85 heroic berserker.

Is it possible for all it's abilities and shit to be done via mq2melee? so far all it seems to do is auto attack, I wasn't sure if it would auto use skills like it does on a monk or rogue etc?

If I need to manually enter all the stuff as a down/holy shit could someone please list off all the abilities etc I should be using? would really appreciate it.

Sorry for the stupid question but I've never played one and created a lvl 85 heroic berserker.

Is it possible for all it's abilities and shit to be done via mq2melee? so far all it seems to do is auto attack, I wasn't sure if it would auto use skills like it does on a monk or rogue etc?

If I need to manually enter all the stuff as a down/holy shit could someone please list off all the abilities etc I should be using? would really appreciate it.

While in game and MQ2Melee is loaded type /melee

This will give you a list of things available for you to set for MQ2Melee on that character.

For each thing that appears in the list you can type /melee option=#

Typically the combat options are what percentage of your endurance you must be higher than in order for the skill to fire.

IE: /melee ragevolley=10

Once you've assigned all the settings you want /melee save

You can also assign holyshits/downshits

You can find some of those at Berserker - Holyshit/Downshit Thread

This obviously doesn't include everything you might want, specifically not for a level 85 character. But it will likely get you pointed in the right direction.

Attachments

• melee.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Oh yeah I completely forgot about the /melee options. But looking at the list you linked it's all meaningless to me anyway. I'm going to have to do a fair bit of research to understand what's what.

Guess that's the downside of making heroic characters you've never played before, overwhelmed with all the abilities and AA.

Thanks for your help man.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the /melee options. But looking at the list you linked it's all meaningless to me anyway. I'm going to have to do a fair bit of research to understand what's what.

Guess that's the downside of making heroic characters you've never played before, overwhelmed with all the abilities and AA.

Thanks for your help man.

I agree it is always best to understand your character more than just a cookie cutter setup. If you were hoping for more information than what can be automated then I apologize. I do have a 94 Berserker and I used to play it. Which would be why I started the thread for their holyshit/downshits.

If you wanted more specific information you would have to be more specific in your request.

You can look at combat abilities for example and sort them by their timers. Find out which timers conflict (same number) and find out the highest level/best one to use. In the case of Respite for example, while it isn't the higher level one, I've found that the recast timer on it is extremely low (unless they've changed it) and makes for better stamina regeneration over the other options you could select for stamina regeneration despite being a lower level combat ability.

If you look at the thread for holyshit/downshit that I made, near the end I posted a new lineup which consisted of all the ones I use at that level. I used them because based on my understanding of the character at the time it was the best setup I could come up with based on non-conflicting timers and because in some cases MQ2Melee didn't use the best things for you, IE: Latest Volley/best AA etc.

As I would expect with all characters to truely know how to use them is to actually play them. You learn as you go. Granted, starting at level 85 puts you way behind the power curve. But as a DPS character it shouldn't be to hard to snatch up a group and start playing it as a temporary main to understand it's abilities. If you got specific questions you can always ask the community. Usually broad questions like "How do I win the game" aren't going to get much attention.

Just checked. According to Respite :: Spells :: EverQuest :: ZAM the recast timer on it is 90 (seconds) and the recast timer on it's successor is 2160. Fifth Wind :: Spells :: EverQuest :: ZAM

Respite's initial endurance cost is lower, provides more endurance per tick, and is freaking amazing to keep up. All you need to do is have a holyshit setup to fire it once your endurance gets under 21%. IE: /if (${Me.PctEndurance} < 21) /disc Respite

Sadly it's a level 86 tome, so you'll have to wait a whole level. Once you get to level 91 you can switch to Reprieve which reflects the same benefits over other discs of this type with the 90 second recast.

The following are the Holyshits/downshit I used.

Code:
Holyflag0=1
Holyflag1=1
Holyflag2=1
Holyflag3=1
Holyflag4=1
Holyflag5=1
Holyflag6=1
Holyflag7=1
Holyflag8=1
Holyflag9=1
Holyflag10=1
Holyflag11=1
Holyflag12=1
Holyflag13=1
Holyflag14=1
Holyflag15=1
Holyflag16=1
Holyflag17=1
Holyflag18=1
Holyflag19=1
Holyflag20=1
Holyflag21=1
Holyflag22=1
Holyflag23=1
Holyflag24=1
Holyflag25=1
Downflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Self Preservation]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<=15) /multiline ; /keypress Esc ; /timed 1 ; /casting "Self Preservation"
holyshit1=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Early Retaliation]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Shared Brutality
holyshit2=/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /doability Frenzy
holyshit3=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Savage Volley]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Savage Volley
holyshit4=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Axe of Graster]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Axe of Graster
holyshit5=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Vigerous Axe Throw]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Vigerous Axe Throw
holyshit6=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Rampage]} && ${SpawnCount[NPC Radius 50]}>1 && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /casting "Rampage"
holyshit7=/if (${Target.Fleeing} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Tendon Lacerate]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && ${FindItemCount[Axe of the Savage]}>1) /disc Tendon Lacerate
holyshit8=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cry Havoc]} && !${Me.Song[Cry Havoc].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Cry Havoc
holyshit9=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Battle Cry of the Mastrung]} && !${Me.Song[Battle Cry of the Mastrung].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Battle Cry of the Mastrung
holyshit10=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Reprieve]} && !${Me.Song[Reprieve].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}<21) /disc Reprieve
holyshit11=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Fighting Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Fighting Frenzy
holyshit12=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Shared Brutality]} && !${Me.Song[Reflected Brutality].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Shared Brutality
holyshit13=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Conquering Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Conquering Frenzy
holyshit14=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Berserking Discipline]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) /disc Berserking Discipline
holyshit15=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cleaving Acrimony Discipline]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) /disc Cleaving Acrimony Discipline
holyshit16=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Battle Leap]}) /casting "Battle Leap"
holyshit17=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID}) /casting "Vehement Rage"
holyshit18=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Silent Strikes]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID} && !${Group.Member[2].ID} && !${Mercenary.ID}) /multiline ; /casting "Silent Strikes" ; /timed 1 ; /casting "Distraction Attack"
holyshit19=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Blinding Fury]}) /casting "Blinding Fury"
holyshit20=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Desperation]} && ${Target.Named}) /casting "Desperation"
holyshit21=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Juggernaut Surge]} && ${Target.Named}) /casting "Juggernaut Surge"
holyshit22=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Reckless Abandon]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.CurrentHPs} > 15000) /casting "Reckless Abandon"
holyshit23=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Savage Spirit]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.PctHPs} > 65) /casting "Savage Spirit"
holyshit24=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Uncanny Resilience]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID} && (${Me.PctHPs} < 50 || ${Target.Named})) /casting "Uncanny Resilience"
holyshit25=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Untamed Rage]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.CurrentHPs} > 50000) /casting "Untamed Rage"
downshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bloodlust Aura]} && !${Me.Song[Bloodlust Aura].ID} && !${Me.Aura.Equal[Bloodlust Aura]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Bloodlust Aura

Some of those AA's involve making sure your HP's stay below 90%, which will piss off your Cleric merc in the form of running them out of mana. If you've got a healer in your group you could let them know you'll be /punching yourself. As some abilities don't work unless your HPs are under 90% (Blood rage type things) Kinda like a guy who slaps himself right before a fight to get his blood running or whatever.

Last edited:
Strange, so if the zerker is at 100% HP he can't use important abilities? I use a healer merc so obviously he will heal the group.

Strange, so if the zerker is at 100% HP he can't use important abilities? I use a healer merc so obviously he will heal the group.

Good thing about Macs and multiline can get around it, fast.
Though it's not that bad, frenzied resolve/amplified frenzy will be the main two you need to be at 90% for.

In the zerker thread chat posted I listed my mq2 melee, it does all the heavy lifting.

Appreciate the help. Going to PL the zerker to 105 and see how he goes!

hi all,
sorry for hijacking this thread, however my question is more or less the same.

1. I am currently using MQ2bot on zerker, with UseDiscsOffensive=1 ( in MQ2bot). My zerker seems using several default discs, only after i manually click dicha rage. On the MQ window, the bot is actually activating dicha rage consantly with yellow text ( but dicha rage disc is not clicked, only can do it manually)

2. I like to setup downshit/holyshit. Where do i copy/paste this info in the ini?
After mq2melee, is there any plugin has to be loaded for downshit/holyshit?
I am new to mq2bot

thank you