how do I?

mont7181

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Whats the syntax to cast a combat ability, such as Master's Aura?
/call Cast "Master's Aura" Alt

EDIT:

nvm I figured it out,
/if (!${Me.Song["Master's Aura Effect"].ID}) {

/if (!${Me.Combat} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /nomodkey /keypress ctrl+1

}

thankx necroman, i forgot it was a disc

i think this will work

/if (!${Me.Aura[Master's Aura].ID}) /disc mast

Necroman

I started off making this same mistake until iea explained to me how it actually works . And now I'm seeing it posted all over here so I figure I should comment.

Though what you have does work, its not looking for what you're wanting it to, there is excess. For Master's Aura all you need is to check for this, the rest isn't doing anything:

/if ( !${Me.Aura.ID} ) /disc mast

Disciple's doesn't register as an aura for some reason so you have to check the song window and other factors. Someone else made a good post on another thread for that one.

Dont know I have not had any problem with this. with just Aura.ID I dont think you would fire if your cleric or someone else has an aura going.
Code:
/if (!${Me.Aura[Master's Aura].ID} && !${Me.Casting.ID}) /disc Master

Me.Aura.ID is self only and works with what shows up in your auras window. Cleric or anyone else playing an aura should only show up via sd buff window to you. It does not hurt anything to have that, but it also does not do anything.

Ahh never have my aura window up so I didnt even know others didnt show up in it.

Ahh never have my aura window up so I didnt even know others didnt show up in it.

What am I missing? I looked in the UI keys under options and don't see a self aura window, or anything that could be called that. My SD Effects Window is on and that has been were I see other people's auras, but I don't have any auras, so I just assumed they would go there.

Matt

Auras

Ah, thanks cofffee, i never even used aura's window either, my UI has songs window, which is were Masters showed up for me.
Thats a lot less code than my way.

I looked in the UI keys under options and don't see a self aura window, or anything that could be called that.

The default is Shift + A

I started off making this same mistake until iea explained to me how it actually works . And now I'm seeing it posted all over here so I figure I should comment.

Though what you have does work, its not looking for what you're wanting it to, there is excess. For Master's Aura all you need is to check for this, the rest isn't doing anything:

/if ( !${Me.Aura.ID} ) /disc mast

Disciple's doesn't register as an aura for some reason so you have to check the song window and other factors. Someone else made a good post on another thread for that one.

This works Great for me Thanks!

Also should add now that Disciple's was fixed thanks to iea, you can use the same format for the monks lacking Master's...

Code:
/if (!${Me.Aura.ID}) /disc Disciple

And if you want to get really fancy for those of you who use multiple monks, here's the solution I came up with.

Before loop:
Code:
/declare TheAura string outer
/if ( ${Me.CombatAbility[Master's Aura]} ) {
 /varset TheAura Master's
} else { /if ( ${Me.CombatAbility[Disciple's Aura]} ) {
 /varset TheAura Disciple's
}

Call from within loop:
Code:
Sub Auracheck
 /if ( !${Me.Aura.ID} && !${Me.Casting.ID}) {