Grind Levels or Hammer some AA's?

PeteyPablo

Rogues Do It From Behind
Reaction score
My live crew has reached 71 and I can buy some spells from a vendor finally. Also due to mudflation there is a pretty good spread of gear available for cheap that is much better than pre 70 gear.

My million plat question is, will I be able to farm AA's faster at 90 or should I take advantage of the increased gear levels at 71 and jam out AA's?

Mind you, I am 6 boxing. Nothing is really that hard now, but I am still in PoP content for exping.

I'd grind necessary aa's, but don't go max just in case sony goes through with this "giving everyone all the aa's from SoF and earlier" plan.

I'd go straight to 75 and AA for a bit *shrug* that's just me though

Grind when it is fun to grind. My SK is at lvl 76 and gets about 30-40 AAs in a lesson burn in Paw, it's still fun. When I run out of AAs to buy or get bored i'll level up to 80ish.

Grind when it is fun to grind. My SK is at lvl 76 and gets about 30-40 AAs in a lesson burn in Paw, it's still fun. When I run out of AAs to buy or get bored i'll level up to 80ish.

rob also has great pulling tips in Paw as well!

As for AA, you gain it much faster at lower levels. If uber is what you want, I would take the time to nail out all necessary or desired AA's as they become available, otherwise, you WILL spend more time in the end grinding out the same numbers.

Ya I'm an AA over lvls person myself... tho lvl wise I pause at 51, 55 (PoN), and jump up to 75 for Valdeholm giants (between Arena and Jotik camp)... dont know what Paw has to offer but that is perfect lvl to knock out aa till the 1-1.5k mark if not bit higher.

I have heard the rumor they will start giving out the basic necessary AA as well up to a certain lvl to speed up newbs or plvlee's... dont know if its true and I hope not... but I would never suggest going up to max lvl with under 1k aa. Would totally bypass the necessary learning curve. Also if they dont you could hook your tank up with a full suit of T4 group armor and if he doesnt have the necessary AA to play his role he wont hold agro for shit... and on the rare occasion he does he would take full dmg almost every round of combat... all one or best case scenario two of them.

Camp wise old school zone mobs have fewer hp and giants higher than the norm so if your dps is lacking Paw may be the way to go. Vald giants pretty good for cash tho if you dont mind the extra hp and setting up where I mentioned should allow you to get singles damn near every pull w/o puller. There are a couple spots where you will need splitter or you will get two but if you dont have one just grab both and burn first down then take the next slowly to spread out the respawn time and your golden from then on.

You dont mention your various classes in your group but if you got dru/wiz in group the Teleport to Bind aa is a definite must buy for speedy transport to camps in the case of a wipe or selling loot runs.

Ya I'm an AA over lvls person myself... tho lvl wise I pause at 51, 55 (PoN), and jump up to 75 for Valdeholm giants (between Arena and Jotik camp)... dont know what Paw has to offer but that is perfect lvl to knock out aa till the 1-1.5k mark if not bit higher.

I have heard the rumor they will start giving out the basic necessary AA as well up to a certain lvl to speed up newbs or plvlee's... dont know if its true and I hope not... but I would never suggest going up to max lvl with under 1k aa. Would totally bypass the necessary learning curve. Also if they dont you could hook your tank up with a full suit of T4 group armor and if he doesnt have the necessary AA to play his role he wont hold agro for shit... and on the rare occasion he does he would take full dmg almost every round of combat... all one or best case scenario two of them.

Camp wise old school zone mobs have fewer hp and giants higher than the norm so if your dps is lacking Paw may be the way to go. Vald giants pretty good for cash tho if you dont mind the extra hp and setting up where I mentioned should allow you to get singles damn near every pull w/o puller. There are a couple spots where you will need splitter or you will get two but if you dont have one just grab both and burn first down then take the next slowly to spread out the respawn time and your golden from then on.

You dont mention your various classes in your group but if you got dru/wiz in group the Teleport to Bind aa is a definite must buy for speedy transport to camps in the case of a wipe or selling loot runs.

Yeah it was proposed to give "necessary" AA's to classes up to certain eras. I don't remember the specifics and the URLs fail me as I cannot access the site.

The way they were going to do it according to the dev post on the forums was auto grant all aas up to lvl cap for each expansion from SoF down. For example, once you hit 60, you'd get all the aa for that particular expansion. But once you got all from SoF down, you were on your own. As to the ones that had already picked up quite a few aa, there was also talk of refunds so the time wasn't wasted. As to when to pick up aa, I've been counciled by many to grind out 1-75, then pick up 1k aa, then grind to 85, pick up another 1k aa, then cap out at 90ish, I'd suggest about half way into level, then work on capping the rest of your aa.

It would really depend on your classes in my opinion, your tank needs to get his must haves done to just be viable really as you progress. If you are able to gear them really well at a certain spot relatively easily though it doesn't hurt to sit there and grind if you find a sweet spot.

I play WAR CLE SHM WIZ MAG ENC. Lvl 68 mobs give me 15% aa per kill. I was pushing for 71 so I could buy spells from vendor, but at 75 I can buy all those rank I spells from vendors too.

My biggest problem with levelling has been the availability of spells. I definitely need to beef up the warrior. When does using a shield with the shield AA's start to be more viable than 2 1h's?

Imo definitely level different chars depending on their class. For example mage to 71 to get next level pet. 61, 66, 71, 76.... Etc are the key levels for mages. I am not too familiar with the other classes but look at each and look for the spellsl/aa that make them overpowered for their level.

I just created a couple of new toons on a different server. I decided early on I would get to 65 then start working on aa pts. The plan is to gain 5 levels starting at 65 and then stop to gain the nessesary aa pts to keep up with content as it gets more difficult as you level. I am only level 70 now but for aa pts at 65 I did tables in pofire, and at 70 I kill in riftseekers. Those 2 zones give about 16% or more aa exp per kill not using lessons.

When I came back to the game in feb I reactivated 2 toons; both were 80. I powered thru on my main ranger to L90 stopping for about 100 AAs at 85. He already had 2400 so that took him to 2500.

When he was L90 I switcted to all AA (now has 3000) and started working on my alt and I am doing the same thing but he only had 1200 AAs. Now he is at 89.55 waiting for the servers to zoom to 90 and switch to AAs. I've focused on levels because it also levels up the mercs which I need to stay alive.

I only 2 box these 2 rangers w 2 T5 mercs; healer & rogue dps. Would probably do better w monk or SK but what can I say, I like rangers.