Grand Illusion

Doesn't work

Even on toons that have never done the quest, I can't seem to get any of the skulls to open for the hand or foot quests. Not sure what is up with that... Do you have to kill the guards now in order to do this?

Even on toons that have never done the quest, I can't seem to get any of the skulls to open for the hand or foot quests. Not sure what is up with that... Do you have to kill the guards now in order to do this?

You need to do it the hard way now .. you have to play ... you have to kill or at least beat both Masters into death or FD ... they must both be down at the same time .. the hand you can still pull them all away but you need the room empty to open it ... back to doing it the old way .... and yes it is hard ... The skull you can still do by just killing hhim and the ribcage also

yeah this is harder than before for sure.

They not only nerfed the repeatable part

But they changed some things about the bones

no matter what guards have to be gone.. dead or pulled away.

It is now and EVIL quest :cool:

hope some of you did this while you could

ARMY

Having problems with this quest also. I have two toons that have never completed the quest and got the quest after the patch.

With one I was able to complete the quest no problems. The other I cannot loot the hand. I have killed every mob in the house and the 4 mobs outside the doors.

Have no clue. Did a bug report and the suckass GM says the quest is working and to try different things.

Having problems with this quest also. I have two toons that have never completed the quest and got the quest after the patch.

With one I was able to complete the quest no problems. The other I cannot loot the hand. I have killed every mob in the house and the 4 mobs outside the doors.

Have no clue. Did a bug report and the suckass GM says the quest is working and to try different things.

What kind of error message is it giving you? I know that if there are mobs in the vicinity it may say something like "it's not safe to loot this right now" (ok so that's not the exact message, but you get it).

Try killing more mobs, I had my BF use his bard to train everything away too and it worked. Good Luck :p

The error message is Tharoff`s bones cannot be opened while guards are nearby.

We have killed everything in the house and the 4 guards that stand outside the doors. There is nothing else near. The only mobs that path close to the house are the sokokar that fly overhead.

Finally completed the quest. Character was bugged somehow. Leveled another character up to get the quest cleared the room used new character to open the bones and the bugged character was able to loot that hand.

I have heard that if:

1. you have a pet present
2. Have Aura up
3. Have a illusion on

that you probably are not going to be able to open/loot the bones. Period. But this is all I heard. We were able to loot the hand bones by dropping all pets/auras and illusions. Maybe it was luck, maybe not. The foot bones, the two guards have to be trained away from the location, killed and then you can loot them. Thank SOE for making a task near to impossible. That has been my experience with it, got frustrated enough with it that I don't even do it anymore for anyone.