Goodbye, Riposite Immunity!

It's ok Sum, you KNOW they are gonna be showing off some fancy new AA come December that grants enrage immunity to dps classes!

On second thought, doesn't the monk aura grant enrage immunity? I must have been mistaken about that, I thought it did...

Last edited:
If you don't play anymore, why in the 9 hells are you bitching about crap on the sony forums? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Because a broken thing is finally getting fixed, you bitch? Uhh, yeh!

If he's a ranger he bitches to avoid the massive backup of bitchocity that could possibly cause symptoms such as:

*Sploded bwainz
*Nightmares about HA being nerfed
*Nausea heartburn upset stomach diarrhea
*A condition similar to Tourette syndrome, except he screams HA randomly
*Testicle shrinkage

I find it exceedingly ironic that:

1) Eldroth didn't previously know about it... since it's been brought up numerous other times and been in the game for YEARS.

2) The plethora of other things f'd up in the game and he's wasting time breaking something that was taken into account during class balancing (if you can call it that).

3) All the other suggestions/problems that are actually detrimental to the game go unnoticed or at least unacknowledged, but someone brings up something like this on the forums and 2 hours later Eldroth and his team have dropped everything, found the problem, talked it over, and found a solution. I mean... wtf?

Either way I don't really mind. My ranger was a boxed alt anyway and not my main. My main toon got to contend with enrage all the time, but it was kinda nice not having to tab back to the ranger during enrages when I wasn't using mq2melee.

As far as the ranger shit, my main was a better puller than my ranger, even when HA worked effectively. I only used HA in a couple plays in EQ, most notably to pull the PH'ers from the back of the rooms at 4-way in CoD without actually having to do any work splitting.

Last edited:
I don't particularly care either way, although I would prefer all melee dps(and pet classes for their pets) just get immunity.

Having to be on the backside of the mob at 10% for a few seconds or else getting instagibbed hasn't ever been an idea I thought was fun or interesting. Cornering a mob should be beneficial through the DPS gains your melee get from being on the backside as well as decrease in mob push, not be required under threat of instant death (IMO).

I guess Monk's wanna feel useful again with their aura.

But srsly, I doubt they touch it. They'd have to rework mob DPS tuning again and they simply do not have the time, or the resources to do that at this time.

Last edited:
I doubt they fix it, they don't have time to retune everything made since PoR. However, one idea (my own idea) would be to fix it on next expansion launch and tune that expansion around it. The level boost would still help make older content trivial.

I don't know... the impression Eldroth gave in the thread was that they were pushing a fix in June.

We'll see what actually happens, though.

Only class that should get immunity are warriors with sk/pal a higher chance to avoid not immunity. They are the only ones that NEED to be in front of the mob during enrage. People have become to fucking lazy

If your a dps just make a macro that sees enrage and turns off attack?

Only class that should get immunity are warriors with sk/pal a higher chance to avoid not immunity. They are the only ones that NEED to be in front of the mob during enrage. People have become to fucking lazy

LOL not trying pick a fight but umm isnt this a cheating site ? everyone that cheats uses MQ exploits ext could be considered lazy .

This is pretty much a so what to me. I don't generally play unless MQ is working. and if MQ is working its trivial to have mq2melee turn on/off attack during enrage.

LOL, Takeda.

Takeda is a fairly good PvPer, and like most good PvP zerkers on Zek, he could give a flying fuck about raids. He's all about the PvP.

And his class would get a huge boost from having this fixed.

Hence, why he QQd. This will massively change the playing field on Zek.

well Kirban, since the game is balanced around enrage not working, won't it just make it fair for berserkers and bards?

LOL not trying pick a fight but umm isnt this a cheating site ? everyone that cheats uses MQ exploits ext could be considered lazy .

Its far different. To cry about game play vs enhancing your game play. I never really found MQ2 to make me lazy, because I sure as hell did more with MQ2 then I did without.

I did become complacent and needed it but far from lazy.

This is far less to do with enrage than it is with increasing mob DPS across the board. Healing vs DPS already stands pretty close to a knife edge right now, if you aren't in tower gear or better. Throwing in an extra 7-11K hit every 6 seconds or so will make things interesting. Probably see double healing required again, and merc healers will no longer be practical.

I will laugh my ass off at the tanks that take a 22K riposte when they are at 5% from a bad combat round though.

If your a dps just make a macro that sees enrage and turns off attack?

Mq2melee already has a setting to turn attack off on enrage... Them fixing this is not even close to a problem. Honestly I'm happy... now to tell the warriors to flip mobs on enrage to kill the lazy melee!