Free name changes LJ AND RF

lostsk8r

Reaction score
So if you make a character on the opposite TLP server, then /servertransfer, you can get a free name change.

There is also no filter in place. You can get names like Asshole etc

There's no cooldown on transferring between lockjaw and ragefire.

Last edited:
There might not be a cooldown, but they did say there is a max number of transfers per account. So be careful, otherwise you might get a toon stuck somewhere you don't want it.

its 8 per 6 months.

Are you basing this off the standard transfer lockout, or did you specifically test the free Ragefire/Lockjaw transfers?

I'm not sure where the 6 months comes into play, since the free transfers are only open for a short period.

I wonder why they allowing free name changes? Seems counter-productive. An "asshole" on Ragefire can now continue as an asshole in Lockjaw, only now he benefits from anonymity.

I wonder why they allowing free name changes? Seems counter-productive. An "asshole" on Ragefire can now continue as an asshole in Lockjaw, only now he benefits from anonymity.

Server transfers have basically always offered a free name change. If your character name is Bobby and you want to change it while transferring, you'd just need to create a character on the server you're transferring to named Bobby. Then you are forced to pick a new name before transferring.