Fastest AA's

wwarwolf911

Reaction score
Can anyone share the fastest place to mass AA's? Let's say lvl 90-95.

I was thinking a PL method.
Let many lower lvl adds beat on tank with DS and AOE nuke, much like lower lvl PL'n. I know headshot/SK Swarm kiting produce a lot for the person doing the work, but once you add an alt in, the aa exp increase drops.

Can one shroud to 65/70 and use the powerlevel method to gain aa? So long as the 95 does not get the kill? Unshroud and get the AA?

I played with this a bit, I knew that AAxp while shrouded had been dramatically decreased to start with, but figured if enough mobs were in each pull it wouldn't matter. I pulled over half of Ilsalin with my SK, beefed his DS up with my mage, and then the PLed character hit them all with a click from oil of fennin ro when they were lower than 50%. Took about 8 minutes for all mobs to die. There were 51 experience messages in the chat window of the PLed character. I went and unshrouded to ensure I wasn't wasting my time and this work yielded about 1.6 AA on a character that only had about 350 AAs to start with. This method sucked. That was shrouded to 70, for some reason shrouded to 65 I got even less xp for about the same size pull. :/

I did a little experimenting with shrouds in 12th and found:

Level 70-79 instance using a 85 tank to pull and kill 80 mob/swarm ( with outside slow and heal )

Level 67 character with ~ 200 AA got 12 AA / 80 mob swarm.
Level 67 shrouded to 65 ~212 AA got 0.5 AA / 80 mob swarm.

shroud aa exp seriously knocked down inc exp

I did a little experimenting with shrouds in 12th and found:

Level 70-79 instance using a 85 tank to pull and kill 80 mob/swarm ( with outside slow and heal )

Level 67 character with ~ 200 AA got 12 AA / 80 mob swarm.
Level 67 shrouded to 65 ~212 AA got 0.5 AA / 80 mob swarm.

shroud aa exp seriously knocked down inc exp

You would need to do thta with a lvl 65 and a lvl 65 shroud. You increase the exp gap between the toons when you shroud down meaning he gets less exp per kill because of the gap.

34 aa per 80 mobs on a lvl 70 toon was my best :) (no xp pots etc)

could only get good aas till about 1500ish

then going to 95 took around 4 to 5 hrs :)

Last edited:
34 aa per 80 mobs on a lvl 70 toon was my best :) (no xp pots etc)

could only get good aas till about 1500ish

then going to 95 took around 4 to 5 hrs :)

Damn,

How on earth could you ever level a toon to 95 that quick? I have access to a high end SK and Ranger, I swarm and HS and I still dont see any way to bring in reg exp that fast.

was anniversary task and its gonne now

He was able to lvl to 95 using the Infiltrating the Guardian mission. He was able to shroud his character down to lvl 65 and rape the mission with a lvl 95. However, this anniversary mission is gone now. It will be back next year and hopefully so will the same mechanics.

He was able to lvl to 95 using the Infiltrating the Guardian mission. He was able to shroud his character down to lvl 65 and rape the mission with a lvl 95. However, this anniversary mission is gone now. It will be back next year and hopefully so will the same mechanics.

any other mission anyone knows of doing to get a toon to 95 doing this method ?

I use to do dains or the mission name http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3471 and 5 of these would equal a full xp bar, but they are boring and i got burnt out and i not sure if soe has set any TRAPS to detect MMO users in this mission, they also yeald insane AAXP if i can recall

about 3 aa per 45 min and its been yrs since SoE had put this on the watch list
as far as reg xp it may have been lvl dependant

I did my share of these as well

try it out and come report :)

to be honest not 100 sure about the overall goodness of actual MMs, for the most part people shied away from them these days I thought

xp nerfed maybe dunno.

i am sure we can do this in other place they must have a mechanic that pop many mob raid or something like that .
something that become trivial to a 95 team ) ?

I guess we're all trying to replace Infilitrating the Guardian! I'm trying to help some friends level up from their present high 80s up to 95 and I sure wish the Guardian mission was still around!

Is it worth shrouding them down to 65 and grouping with my 95s and slaughtering a shitload of greens and LBs?

Guess I can test this myself but wondering what others have experienced? At least one poster above says this doesn't work anymore but I'm surprised to hear it. It worked in the Guardian mission. Yeah, I know it worked real WELL there because that instance had the unusual character of allowing near-instant pull of up to 160 mobs (all non-caster mobs too, which is a big help.) But I know from my own experience that even Infilitrating the Guardian was more productive for PLing if the PLee toons were shrouded down. I know this cuz one time I had 2 level 75 PLees shrouded down to 65 and one level 75 who insisted on remaining unshrouded. By the end of the session the shrouded toons had gained several levels more than the unshrouded. (They ended up like 86,86 and 82.) So the shroud form definitely generated better results.

Is this NOT true generally?