Fail Safe afk Botting

Camdenbrown

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've started doing some group afk botting to grind out some lvls/aa's and wanted to see if there are ways to avoid getting caught other than the obvious.

Maybe there are some downshits/holyshits that can either pause or port out when a PC is in range, but not for my own characters obviously.

Code:
downshit1=/if (${SpawnCount[pc name radius 1200]}) /casting "Knowledge Portal" GEM11
I've got this but not sure how to implement it for every pc except my own.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

You can do something like this if you would like in your downshits.
/if (${SpawnCount[pc radius 1200]}>${Group.Members}) /casting "Knowledge Portal" GEM11

Can I just add that you can drop the GEM11 bit as it's not needed.

/cast "Knowledge Portal"

Last edited:
When the constant spawning mobs thing in Kernagir was big there was an AFK bot group that would do this. If a PC got so close, one of the characters would port the whole group out.

I couldn't help myself but to pop in a couple times a day and watch them port out.

While this may seem like something that is a safety measure, it could end up being the giveaway.

No such thing as fail safe afk botting....you know the risks....

Bind sight twitch steams have popped up recently you know....

Its safer in instances but not 100% safe, there is nothing fail safe.

To answer one of your questions to do something like

Code:
downshit1=/if (${SpawnCount[pc name radius 1200]}) /casting "Knowledge Portal" GEM11

But not for any of your PCs, simplest solution is to use an alert.

/alert add 140 PC Name

And then you can add noalert 140 to your SpawnCount parameters. Examplelets say you have the PCs named Player1, Player2, and Player3:

Code:
/alert clear 140
/alert add 140 PC Player1
/alert add 140 PC Player2
/alert add 140 PC Player3

downshit1=/if (${SpawnCount[pc name radius 1200 noalert 140]}) /casting "Knowledge Portal" GEM11

The downside is you may need to rebulid the alert list each time you start EQ. I don't recall if alert lists are saved anywhere other than current memory or not. But you could always make a little macro to build the list if you wanted to make it simpler.

I wrote in some safety stuff into mq2bot to detect things, but it just gives you a notification that something occurred that you werent expecting. Idk what you are using to bot with. Supposing you'd like to check it out and give it a whirl, i can add in actions such as the ability to use spells/skills or /camp or /exit. the command to turn it on is:
/safetycheck

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm presently using Bot Macro by you PeteSampras because it's very customizeable, but I'm not aware of any built in safety measures for that one.

Edit: I just noticed the [Custom] section in Bot.mac. I've never used it before, so I'm going to see what I can do with it.

Last edited: