Exp Quest

ddevilx2

Lifetimer
Reaction score
1. Buy PoR Expansion

2. Find 2 afk ppl(or bots) around your level and group with them.

3. Go to the top of the mage guild in Freeport and speak with the aviak ench guildmaster - get the mission she gives by saying find. NPC name is Romiak Jusathorn

4. Zone into the instance(alone), open chest at Zone In. Opening the chest gives a nice chunk of xp.

5. Drop all from mission and get again.

---Need to confirm what is the minimum level to do this quest at. Nice and simple, probably can write a macro for it.

Wow, this is very nice if it works :)
Also, are you sure there isn't a lockout?

ddevilx2 said:
1. Buy PoR Expansion

2. Find 2 afk ppl(or bots) around your level and group with them.

3. Go to the top of the mage guild in Freeport and speak with the aviak ench guildmaster - get the mission she gives by saying find. NPC name is Romiak Jusathorn

4. Zone into the instance(alone), open chest at Zone In. Opening the chest gives a nice chunk of xp.

5. Drop all from mission and get again.

---Need to confirm what is the minimum level to do this quest at. Nice and simple, probably can write a macro for it.

One major question, where the heck is the instance? Can you give me a loc. I am totally lost.

Hate to say this but looks like this has been NERFED. Finally found the freakin zonein which is under a grating on the floor behind a building that is very well hidden, took me 15 mins of z-warping around freeport to finally find it.

Zoned in used my rogue skills to detect trap/disarm chest, which it did. Then it is asking that I kill 5 mobs or something? I did a track and proceeded to see if maybe there were 5 mobs out there that resembled thieves. There were a few that actually saw through rogue invis, so warped over started to damage it then evaced back to zone, and nothing (no update to task). Did this about 3 more times to other mobs in zone, same result. So not sure this is still doable.

Last edited:
i think he meant the act of opening the chest and getting the exp for it, not the mission itself

Anyone have a loc to the zone in? Or a map with it labeled?

No Experience was given for this at all. In fact I tried to open it but no luck. I tried attacking it, but believe me when I say this is a MAJOR undercon. I had to use escape. YOU CANNOT OPEN THIS UNTIL AFTER YOU KILL THE 5 MOBS. Don't believe me try it. FYI, /open does not work.

Warp over to an NPC named Indanrian Lyshius, then back out of the cobby hole there, and go left to the next cubby hole (or warp to loc 447.57, -1524.68, -111.89). That is where the instance is, click on the grating on the floor.

Very nice

At lvl 70 i made about 2.5 blue AA, or 1.5% regular XP with each /open command. But i was getting very sick and tired of removing the ppl from the task, and restarting the quest. I made 2 buttons. The first is simply /say find. This will start the quest. The next button was still simply, but required more commands

/taskremoveplayer xxxxxxxx
/pause 5
/taskremoveplayer xxxxxxxx
/pause 5
/taskquit

If it doesnt take you 10 minutes to zone, then this is worth doing

A macro would be nice for this if it still works

heck yah

The lavastorm macro is very nice, but sometimes I feel it is too public a place, some people notice you being in lavastorm every day :p lol

And I meant as opposed to freeport where so few run through:)

The exp scales, had a 56 I tried it with, and a couple of 50's, so mob levels were 50. /open'ing the box got me all of 0.30% exp or so.

Tried again with the 56 and two 65's, and the mob levels went up to 60.
That got between 1.25 and 1.5% regular exp, and 4% AA exp.

Could make one similar to the Lava MM, one box char requests mission, the one getting the exp just zones in, /target lockbox, /open, leaves. Rinse Repeat.

This might be okay for 60ish who can group with 2 70's. If you can zone fast.

Tried to get with level 25's, wouldn't give it.

wasent this nerfed a long time ago ?

i thought i saw this on another site name withheld cause mmobugs is the leetest site !

maybe its not nerfed lol !

This thing is still great exp. Someone develops an afk macro for this and it would be god like.

With quick hands I can alt tab between my toon sitting by the quest giver and the toon getting the chest for about 7% AA XP every 60 seconds at level 70. Unfortunately I havent used MQ2 beyond the many /commands so Im struggling geting a macro on this going. ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Many have been banned from running this mission afk. I would personally stay away from the mission as there have been bannings for it.

Z166204 said:
Many have been banned from running this mission afk. I would personally stay away from the mission as there have been bannings for it.

Hmm u do not need MQ for it... they still bann you then ?

mistook my comment there, i said running it afk :) help yourselves to run it manually. Just be attentive and dont be suprised if a gm pops in on you unannounced.