EverQuest Titanium Edition ISO

cant find a working bit torrent of titanium

it never starts downloading or its really busy on their server p :(

If you go to TorrentSpy you have to find one of the top ones when you search mainly ones that have at least a few Seeders and the fewer Leachers the better, if it came down to it i can seed a torrent here at work on the T 1 line, it would at least help lol. Legality issues are only for those that are downloading it and no it wont be illegal if you already own titanium, but if you didnt own it and were downloading it then yes it would be illegal. But why download if you already owned it right or maybe you lost it ? *shrug*

The last time I checked, this was not a pirating website. There should not be ANY public talk of downloading software illegally at all. While this is an emu portion of the site, it should be strictly emu discussion. If I were a mod I'd be banning anyone asking for links to download software illegally.

While I understand what you are saying, you are a member of a website that posts third party programs and applications that modify a game in a way that is not intended. This is against the EULA of most MMORPG's. Not really any grey area there, it's all black and white.

It is to be expected that people will want to download this for a free emulation server that hacks, copies, or modifies copyrighted material. Can't have one without the other, really.

Just my 2cp

While I understand what you are saying, you are a member of a website that posts third party programs and applications that modify a game in a way that is not intended. This is against the EULA of most MMORPG's. Not really any grey area there, it's all black and white.

It is to be expected that people will want to download this for a free emulation server that hacks, copies, or modifies copyrighted material. Can't have one without the other, really.

Just my 2cp

While that may be, MQ only does things client side. Not server side so techinically it's not changing anything in the game. And to my knowledge, since this site offers precompiled software, nothing can really be said about it b/c the software comes from open source projects the same way linux is open source. §ony can't shut the site down b/c it's not doing anything illegal in any way. They've tried to shut down all kinds of sites for hosting MQ but have failed. The only real option §ony has is to completely recode EQ but they won't do that as it would take entirely way too much work. And another point, I don't mean to sound irate or anything, but torrent sites are in a grey area as to legality issues. While they don't actually host the files being downloaded, they do provide links to those individuals who are hosting them from their PC.

Just curious why you just brought back a thread from June of 06.

To clear up a few minor details that some have overlooked. Not too mention this part of the site has practically been dead for a while it would seem.

Until a law is passed or a lawsuit rules that a EULA is legally binding I'm not sure I would call MQ a grey area. It seems MMORPG publishers are afraid to test the EULA in court. MQ is well within any laws of any country...well maybe not South Korea. Copyright infringement is a crime in almost every country. Maybe I'm a little bias though :)

Fry.

Until a law is passed or a lawsuit rules that a EULA is legally binding I'm not sure I would call MQ a grey area. It seems MMORPG publishers are afraid to test the EULA in court. MQ is well within any laws of any country...well maybe not South Korea. Copyright infringement is a crime in almost every country. Maybe I'm a little bias though :)

Fry.

You sir are in correct. Blizzard and Sony's ONLINE EULA (and others) has been tested in court. Around 11-15 times if I remember correctly, and in every case the customer/user has lost. (there was or is links to two of blizzard court cases, On mq2 vip forum)

Sony has and will, if known shutdown sites running emu servers. It's illegal, in US/Canada/Europe/Australia , violating DMCA and EUCD. Same with showeq actually.

MQ2 as far as I can tell does not( I've bugged/talk to Lax about it a few times)

Well the thing with that is everyone that plays EQ or uses MQ knows about eqemulator.net. I know that §ony knows about it as well. But since the users of emu are editing the game to something different they can't do anything about it. The same for the Shards of Dayla(however it's spelled) server that most emu users play on. IF they were able to shut the sites down, then those two would be the primary ones to be shut down.