EverQuest Titanium Edition ISO

Kalle

Ummmm.....
Reaction score
Anyone could made ISO's from EverQuest Titanium Edition and upload them ?

What's an ISO.... and wouldn't that be illegal?
(I want one two though!)

an iso....

"An ISO image is an informal term for a disk image of an ISO 9660 file system. "

It's basically an exact picture or snapshot of a CD/DVD. There are a couple of versions of copied software - ISO or a "rip". A rip may not have every file on the CD, old warez/ftp sites woud commonly remove video and sound files to make the total file size smaller. An ISO is the exact CD bit for bit, like a perfect photocopy that can be burned onto a CD - and the resulting CD will self-intall just as if it were an original.

iirc, the Titanium is 4-5 CDs, that would be one huge upload.

add:

yes, it would be illegal.

Last edited:
Are you paying for the CD and the files, or the account key?

Anyone can download the EQ files, including the expansions, even if they haven't paid a cent.

lilwizzie said:
Are you paying for the CD and the files, or the account key?

Anyone can download the EQ files, including the expansions, even if they haven't paid a cent.

I think sharing of the data on the CDs would be alright, considering you can download it for free off the site. It is possible there is a legal issue, an at your own risk deal. Also on a side note a neat tool i have found called DAEMON TOOLS emulates a CD-Rom drive from an image file, it can also emulate different security and copywrite protections. Nifty if your interested in legally backing up your game CDs :)

took out link, that download had adware in it, ill see if i can find the clean one or if i still have the .zip if anyone is interested

xcheck said:
"An ISO image is an informal term for a disk image of an ISO 9660 file system. "

It's basically an exact picture or snapshot of a CD/DVD. There are a couple of versions of copied software - ISO or a "rip". A rip may not have every file on the CD, old warez/ftp sites woud commonly remove video and sound files to make the total file size smaller. An ISO is the exact CD bit for bit, like a perfect photocopy that can be burned onto a CD - and the resulting CD will self-intall just as if it were an original.

iirc, the Titanium is 4-5 CDs, that would be one huge upload.

add:

yes, it would be illegal.

hehe no its not illegal, cause u can get download it for free on SoE server, but they already patched and do not work for me...

Kalle said:
hehe no its not illegal, cause u can get download it for free on SoE server, but they already patched and do not work for me...
It is illegal, the only people who can distribute the EQ files, are the creators.... Doesn't matter if it's free off the SoE site, you still can't distribute it.

What if Kalle left her copy at my house? and she moved to Europe? It would be legal for her to get a copy of "Her" game...

Maybe... but not if you actually posted it.... because then everyone could get it from free... I'm just going to buy titanium and have a box for a month :)

What do u think about of a free version of Linux. U download it from official Webpage and burn to Cd, then u give the cd someone and this one have no access to the Web and he make a copy of this Cd... is that illegal ?

Don't think so and that is what i need here. I can download the Titanium Edition but it is already patched...

Kalle said:
What do u think about of a free version of Linux. U download it from official Webpage and burn to Cd, then u give the cd someone and this one have no access to the Web and he make a copy of this Cd... is that illegal ?

Don't think so and that is what i need here. I can download the Titanium Edition but it is already patched...

Linux is open source.

Fry.

The difference there Kalle is like you said, Linux is free, publicly released software... Everquest not.. It's private and Sony remains the owner of it. (Read the EULA, you never actually own the software.. You own the right to use it). In that, you're well within your rights to download, copy, install, and do whatever you wish with that software, but you aren't allowed to publicly distribute it. It's still under copyright. If you "aquire" the CD somehow, you're within your rights to install it and use it, but a publically posted copy would be a copyright violation.

Psycotic said:
The difference there Kalle is like you said, Linux is free, publicly released software... Everquest not.. It's private and Sony remains the owner of it. (Read the EULA, you never actually own the software.. You own the right to use it). In that, you're well within your rights to download, copy, install, and do whatever you wish with that software, but you aren't allowed to publicly distribute it. It's still under copyright. If you "aquire" the CD somehow, you're within your rights to install it and use it, but a publically posted copy would be a copyright violation.

okay okay ;) i am wrong....

I would think that whoever is going to be running the Emulator Server will make the files available...

I used to play on a Squeaker Emulator, it has since gone away, but they made the files available that you needed. There's used the 04/2005 version of eqgame.exe.

I found the emulator to be a nice change of pace. Single handedly killing the high end mobs with ease IE: Tallon and Vallon Zek, Clearing Sleepers Tomb etc... If you donated you got access to a couple of zones that were only accessible by donators.

i am just curious why you would want titanium ISO's.

you can DL everquest.exe and patch all the expansions

or copy your EQ directory from one puter to another..

I run 7 computers with eq at my apartment ..

and i patch one (my fastest)..

and then copy the eq directory to my other computers...

when i am getting deployed i burn the eq directory to a dvd-r or cd-r and take it with me...

i have friends upload the changed file sonto my ftp server.. when i can't get to the patcher.. ie behind firewall...

so i am curious what your intent is for the ISOs... i honestly don't see a need for them

ARMY

Armysoldier said:
i am just curious why you would want titanium ISO's.

you can DL everquest.exe and patch all the expansions

or copy your EQ directory from one puter to another..

I run 7 computers with eq at my apartment ..

and i patch one (my fastest)..

and then copy the eq directory to my other computers...

when i am getting deployed i burn the eq directory to a dvd-r or cd-r and take it with me...

i have friends upload the changed file sonto my ftp server.. when i can't get to the patcher.. ie behind firewall...

so i am curious what your intent is for the ISOs... i honestly don't see a need for them

ARMY

You need them for EQEmu.

Fry.

just use google i'm sure u can find something~