Error Message while running Caster Assist

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am running Dev's casterassist and have found that recently, while it is assisting the MA as normal, it won't cast spells or make the pet attack. One error message I am noticing in the MQ box is [949387762843] MQ2Cast: [Casting]: Aborting! (CastM).

There are several of those exact messages except a different long numbers before each one.

Any idea what may need tweaking to get it working? Thanks!

Update:

It would appear that weird long error message is not always appearing when it's not working. Also, what's really confusing me is that it WILL work every now and then. It seems to put pet on target/cast spells 1 out of every 15 to 20 mobs.

So, the error messages for mq2cast arent so hot. CastM is a timer

Code:
      WriteChatf("[%d] MQ2Cast:[Casting]: Aborting! (%s)",(long)GetTickCount(), StopE==DONE_ABORTED?"StopE":(MemoE==DONE_ABORTED?"MemoE":"CastM"));

The different codes:
Code:
  CastF=FLAG_REQUEST;
  CastI=fINFO;
  CastK=fTYPE;
  CastT=fTIME;
  CastS=fFIND;
  CastM=(long)GetTickCount()+DELAY_CAST;

Why sorcier didnt just use plain language, i dont know. It would be a hell of a lot easier to read what is going on. At any rate, that message means your timer got screwed up somehow. Usually unloading and restarting mq2 will fix it. If you are moving or are a bard, youll usually notice that CastM message more often.

Most likely a system uptime (timer resolution) issue, with the memorization timeout. That would take a reboot of the user computer to correct.

htw

Thanks guys, I will check those out. Always appreciated!