EQ Downtime Update

Rooster95

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is an update regarding the extended downtime anticipated next week (from EQLive):

Beginning at 11:30 p.m. PDT on Monday, September 24th, all SOE services will be unavailable so that we can perform significant upgrades to our authentication and account management systems.

Currently we expect this maintenance to take approximately 14 hours. But as first indicated, it could extend to as long as 24. Customer service, chat and support will also be unavailable at this time. Phone support will still be accessible. SOE websites will continually be updated throughout the day as to the progress of the maintenance.

We apologize for this interruption, however when service is resumed you will have an enhanced user experience to manage your accounts at Station.com.

Previous notice (EQLive): All SOE games, websites, message boards, Knowledge Base, Station store, and other services will be unavailable for approximately 24 hours beginning on Tuesday, September 25th. All SOE services will be undergoing upgrades to the authentication system and as a result, all logins for SOE services will be unavailable. Technical and Account support will only be available by phone during this time. Please keep an eye on this website for more news and information about this maintenance as it becomes available. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this downtime.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but...

I had occasion to speak with a GM yesterday regarding a completely unrelated item (quest bug), and mentioned spawn times and the extended downtime interfering with the quest. The GM stated that it is only the LOGIN servers that are going down. She said that, as long as I am still logged in when they start the work that I should be able to stay logged in and play normally the entire time. While this is not a guarantee by any means, it seems that this would be a great opportunity to camp highly contested spawns/camps, etc.

The flip side, IMO, is that the ratio of GMs to players will probably be MUCH higher, so more caution would be needed.

Again, just repeating what I heard from a GM.

Why you say that?

i'd really love to hear more about this as well and hopefully before tonight :)

I just tried using the transfer service and it was denied even though I have owned the acct for the better part of a year and i created the new acct with the info that the original was created with and they still failed, then I petitioned for a transfer with all the info and they said to use the transfer service :mad:

steve

i'd really love to hear more about this as well and hopefully before tonight :)

I just tried using the transfer service and it was denied even though I have owned the acct for the better part of a year and i created the new acct with the info that the original was created with and they still failed, then I petitioned for a transfer with all the info and they said to use the transfer service :mad:

steve

dont know about free transfer service but I just transfered a toon via the server-to-server last night (9/23/07) and it worked fine for me took me longer to pull up my email account than it did to get the transfer done.

Some people were talking in guild about SOE is going to try and start some scanner that will "check" for things "interacting" with EQ.....

I know every time there is a big patch everyone is always saying this stuff but was not sure if anyone else heard this.

If you are talking about a Warden style program, they would have to change the EULA in order to implement that. The previous checks they put in back in may-june timeframe were checking calls involving eqgame.exe I believe. They don't actually detect MQ running on your system, only the results of it running.

I heard from a good source they are going to turn everyone into female wood elf rangers and rename the game to EverCyber.

I heard from a good source they are going to turn everyone into female wood elf rangers and rename the game to EverCyber.

Yea what he said^:eek:

I have no evidence of anything that will happen, but with the addition of the station launch, and from what I've seen of logging into various SOE games over the years, and the fact that this is effecting ALL SOE games, I'll put my 2 cents out there for the sake of my post count.

My complete speculation, is that the station login will now have more ads for other SOE games, able to click and buy options via a new start up / login window. Similiar to EA's new EA downloader. It lets you preview other games, see the fees, etc. A lot of people are thinking EQ specific on this patch, but it's spanning a broader scale. When I hear things like 'increase the stability of our login . . . . . or upgrades to our authentication system' I'm thinking more ads, a way they think they will increase revenue. Once again a look at the notice:

Previous notice (EQLive): All SOE games, websites, message boards, Knowledge Base, Station store, and other services will be unavailable for approximately 24 hours beginning on Tuesday, September 25th. All SOE services will be undergoing upgrades to the authentication system and as a result, all logins for SOE services will be unavailable.

It's across the board, which I would assume meant consolidation. Upgrades to authentication system could mean more IP logging across games, perhaps aimed at 'virtual real estate companies' that do multigame trading. I'm sure before logs were kept only within the database for one game, for instance, EQ plat dealers would be tracked down only using comparisons of IPs from other EQ logins. Not cross-referenced with EQ2 logins. Now that may be possible.

Once again, I'm saying this out of pure speculation based on no facts. My cousin's girl friend isn't a dev, I didn't hear anything from someone that messed up in /say that said they knew about anything, just crazy ideas I have while I can't play. So if you have another idea of what it's about, I love to hear other opinions.

Last edited:
Lets just understand this.

Sony is doing some BS to waste peoples time, it will not fix anything ( atleast nothing that needs fixing ). They are not implementing shit, nothing will change that will effect anyone in a negative way ( except maybe more url bugs ).

Update

Updated at 10:36 am PDT on 9/25/07

While we had certainly hoped to complete the upgrade operations within a fourteen hour window, things can change fast in an operation of this scale. Our current estimates are that the game servers will come back up at approximately 2:00 PM PDT, and all SOE websites will return by approximately 5:00 PM PDT.

launch pad just downloaded an XML file called Ip_scan_config :confused: i see LoN fixes with cards and some files with storage/containers in them :confused:

Theres like 3 threads of people posting somthing everytime SoE farts a sentence, we need one consolidated section that only talks about SoE udpates =p

I'll put my 2 cents out there for the sake of my post count.

QUOTE]

9 posts, plus your name is hairybagel...

i'm not sure what to say to this..

<insert humerous inuendo here>

P.S
hairybagel would be a good word to use in Mad Libs

you can log into chat. i didn't see a exe so we might be good from that angle