Dueling pets no longer working?

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I PLed a zerker on this double exp weekend, and his defensive stats suck for it. I was going to fix it by dueling my chanter, but the pet won't attack him and he can't attack the pet. Did this old tick get nerfed?

bst pet worked just did it last night. It may not work in GH GL POK maybe the arena i did it in a normal zone

MQ2melee is built in to not do pvp, it's a safety measure built in by the original author to prevent automated pvp bots.

/melee plugin=0

will turn it off without unloading the plugin, otherwise /plugin MQ2melee unload

You just need to change the value to do pets. It is covered in the wiki.

No need to turn it off.

Change the value to 14(0+2+4+8)

Optional Global INI File

MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file and a description of the parameters:
[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x
SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It was also a PoTranq problem. I ran over to PoDisease and it worked.

Interesting that mercs dont heal you in duels.