Does CHA affect charm/mez?

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello friends it's been a long time belief that CHA affects your charm and mez but is it true? If it was true then surely it would show up in lucy spell data, right?

I can only see a resist check but I'm no expert at lucy.

So what's the verdict boys?

No it doesn't. Parses were done on the enchanter forums, you only need 135 CHA after that its worthless.

I seem to remember back during the PoP era that Bard Cha stopped getting mez/charm benefits at the ~190 range, after that it did nothing.

Hello friends it's been a long time belief that CHA affects your charm and mez but is it true? If it was true then surely it would show up in lucy spell data, right?

I can only see a resist check but I'm no expert at lucy.

So what's the verdict boys?

The primary function as I understood it for Cha on bards was frequency in which songs failed when attempting to /melody. Far as the effectiveness of charm or mezz as others have mentioned there is a high point on CHA where gaining more doesn't help. Of course unless you power leveled your bard and haven't kept up with skill points, then this is fairly useless with MQ2Twist

Source: Playing a bard for 11 years.

Last edited:
I seem to remember back during the PoP era that Bard Cha stopped getting mez/charm benefits at the ~190 range, after that it did nothing.

Personally, I think it wasn't even coded (similar to a lot of stats and AAs, like what they said heroics did when they were first introduced), just more UI fluff then anything, with no code behind it. Just shitty EQ developers, that are lazy us fuck.

The parses on therunes.net forum (not sure if that forum even exists anymore), those parses showed like 1-2% benefit at 135 CHA think the guy did a 1000 cast of the spell test iirr on various mobs/cons. That is not enough to account for the resist check of level of the mob vs you i.e. You can't differentiate if the CHA is helping vs the level check vs the CHA check.

As well as the P value statistically insignificant to prove that the hypothesis is true.

This is why all those people that keep arguing "every little bit helps" on a lot of stats don't seem to understand this. But if you have that kinda time to play EQ to get every little bit of that stat you want by all means waste your time on EQ. Even though I guess we are all wasting time on EQ anyways :cool:

Last edited: