/doability snippet in place of mq2melee

PeteSampras

Your UI is fucking you. Stop using it.
Reaction score
For times like now when mq2melee is down, you can add this simple snippit below for all your /doabilities.

Somewhere in your attacking/melee routine of macro you just need to add: /call DoAbility

You can make it check that your target is an npc or whatever. /if (${Target.Type.Equal[npc]}) /call DoAbility

Code:
Sub DoAbility
/if (!${Target.ID}) /return
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Bash]}) /doability Bash
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Disarm]}) /doability Disarm
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Flying Kick]}) /doability Flying Kick
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Kick]} && ${Me.Class.ShortName.NotEqual[MNK]}) /doability Kick
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Backstab]}) /doability Backstab
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Slam]} && !${Me.AbilityReady[Bash]}) /doability Slam
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Taunt]} && ${Group.MainTank.ID}==${Me.ID}) /doability Taunt
/return

I'm just curious, does MQ2Melee really spam taunt if its up and you are maintank like that subroutine would? If so it's wasted. Taunt is only useful if you do not have aggro, it only places you highest on the aggro list if your taunt is successful, it does not build any extra aggro if you are already on the top of the aggro list.

MQ2Melee has a this in the .ini for my warrior:

Code:
tauntif=${If[${Me.GroupSize} && !${Melee.GotAggro},1,0]}

I don't think it spams taunt.

In general, MQ2Melee is working find with me with all my holyshits and downshits turned off.

MQ2Melee has a this in the .ini for my warrior:

Code:
tauntif=${If[${Me.GroupSize} && !${Melee.GotAggro},1,0]}

I don't think it spams taunt.

In general, MQ2Melee is working find with me with all my holyshits and downshits turned off.

I like that taunt statement. Added it to my tanks .ini file.
Do you also run with taunt=1 in the ini file as well?

Yes.

Reading posts here and the MQ2Melee Wiki have given me all the nuggets I have.

I believe there are a few more "if" arguments that MQ2Melee supports.

ya, mq2melee is smart and can do a lot of extra stuff thats to the TLO/members it offers. I would only use that specific taunt subroutine if mq2melee is down. I just throw it in my compiles and only activate it as needed, which isnt very often. I actually use a doability sub and an aggro sub separately that is on its own and use the following call line for the aggro routine that has a few AAs and discs and taunt in it:

Code:
/if (${Me.TargetOfTarget.ID}!=${Me.ID} && ${Group.MainTank.ID}==${Me.ID}) /call Aggro

Then in my macro (half this crap is custom variables so you cant just copy and paste to your macro without defining them).

Code:
Sub Aggro
/if (!${Target.ID}||!${TarID}) /return
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Taunt]} && ${Group.MainTank.ID}==${Me.ID}) /doability Taunt
/if ((!${Challenged}||!${ChallengeOnce}) && !${Me.Buff[${ChallengeBuff}].ID}) {
  /call Cast "${ChallengeSpell}" ${ChallengeGem}
   /if (${Macro.Return.Equal[CAST_SUCCESS||CAST_NOTHOLD]}) {
    /varset Challenged TRUE
   }
  }
/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Ageless Enmity]} && ${Target.Named}) /call Cast "Ageless Enmity" alt
/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Projection of Piety]} && ${Target.Named}) /call Cast "Projection of Piety" alt
/return

So that will cycle through that subroutine so long as im not on HoTT, once I am it isnt called.

As far as I know, the .GotAggro command is part of mq2melee, so if that is turned off you cant use it obviously