Darkened Sea Expansion + Collectors Edition Details Revealed

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
001.jpg

In addition to all of the exciting new content on the way with The Darkened Sea, players will also receive some awesome items just for purchasing the expansion! There will be both a Standard Edition and a Collector’s Edition of The Darkened Sea available, and each version will contain some amazing new items.

Standard Edition

The Standard Edition of The Darkened Sea will be available for $39.99 and will include various items to enhance your home as well as your adventures around Norrath! This includes:

Four Exclusive Paintings

Bring beauty into your home with these fabulous paintings that feature images straight out of The Darkened Sea. The rope and wood frames add a nautical touch to any décor while the rich scenery brings the sense of action into any living space. Each character on your account will receive these paintings.

Painting: Coastal Brigand
Painting: Forgetful Strike
Painting: Speed of Faith
Painting: The Darkened Sea

767.jpg

781.jpg

Contract of the Lizardman

Hire your very own Lizardman mercenary to do your dirty work! He is ready for battle and will take on any role needed to get the job done. He features a fierce appearance straight from the expansion, so he’s sure to feel at home in The Darkened Sea. Each character on your account will be able to obtain a Lizardman mercenary to do their biddings.

763.jpg

Metamorph Totem: Ankylosaurus

Summon an Ankylosaurus dinosaur to follow you during your adventures in Norrath or transform your current pet into an Ankylosaurus dinosaur. What better way to make your presence known than by being able to command your very own dinosaur? Each character on your account will be able to obtain a Metamorph Totem: Ankylosaurus.

765.jpg

Collector’s Edition

The Collector’s Edition of The Darkened Sea will be available for $89.99. It will include all of the items from the Standard Edition, plus the following:

Heroic Character

Create a fully equipped character to start your adventures in Norrath at level 85! Your choice of Heroic character will come with:

15,000 Platinum
Jungle Raptor Mount
Two 24-Slot Bags
Spells
Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
Food, Drink, and Ammo
100 Bayle Marks

Players will be able to claim a single Heroic Character with this Collector's Edition.

The Wayward Lady House

Avast Matey! Do you want to feel as if you are setting sail on The Darkened Seas at all times? Decorate your very own pirate ship themed home know what it’s like to be the captain on the high seas. Don’t forget to invite your crew over for a good time once your work is complete! Players will be able to claim a single Wayward Lady with this Collector’s Edition. Players will receive a single Wayward Lady in this Collector’s Edition.

770.jpg

783.jpg

Contract of the Arc Worker

Don’t leave home without your very own arc worker mercenary by your side. You can’t deny it, that mercenary has some style! Hire your very own Arc Worker and be ready to rock and roll in The Darkened Seas. Each character on your account will be able to obtain a Contract of the Arc Worker.

761.jpg

These items and much more are waiting for you! The Darkened Sea launches on November 11, but All-Access members can access the expansion two weeks early and start their adventures on Tuesday, October 28, 2014. Will you be decorating a new ship-themed home in celebration of the expansion or will you head straight out into battle with a new mercenary by your side?

Original EQ Forums Post

-------------------

So is collectors edition worth it?

Not even a bag? That sucks.

Hmmm I think not...

$50 extra for a not so free heroic character, a second merc, and a house...kinda lousy collector's edition if you ask me.

Anyone can get a heroic toon for $35. That's nothing special.

In my opinion, Collector's Edition is supposed to be about elitism. Paying extra in exchange for exclusive items that no one but other Collector's edition purchasers can obtain. So if you take out the heroic character, which anyone can purchase with SC, you are basically paying SoE $50 extra for a second merc and the house.

If you buy the Collector's Edition for TDS, SoE is basically trolling you...

Last edited:
Hmmm I think not...

$40 extra for a not so free heroic character, a second merc, and a house...kinda lousy collector's edition if you ask me.

In my opinion, Collector's Edition is supposed to be about elitism. Paying extra in exchange for exclusive items that no one but other Collector's edition purchasers can obtain. So if you take out the heroic character, which anyone can purchase with SC, you are basically paying SoE $40 extra for a second merc and the house.

Agreed except it's $50.. not $40. $39.99-$89.99 So even if you do figure in the cost of the heroic character, that still leaves $15 for a house and a merc. That seems... excessive.

You can get a free heroic character every 7 months if you remember to claim SC every month.

Hmmm I think not...

$40 extra for a not so free heroic character, a second merc, and a house...kinda lousy collector's edition if you ask me.

In my opinion, Collector's Edition is supposed to be about elitism. Paying extra in exchange for exclusive items that no one but other Collector's edition purchasers can obtain. So if you take out the heroic character, which anyone can purchase with SC, you are basically paying SoE $40 extra for a second merc and the house.

Agreed except it's $50.. not $40. $39.99-$89.99 So even if you do figure in the cost of the heroic character, that still leaves $15 for a house and a merc. That seems... excessive.

Oooops yea, I was in the middle of raids and wasn't thinking lol. But the point remains the same. A lot of extra cash for Collector's, without anything substantial

I think the best part of the collectors edition is the Contract of the Arc Worker. I think that is a cool new model and would certainly allow you to stand out from the crowd.

I would love it if they give that illusion to enchanters this expansion.

Anyone know if I pre-order the expansion will RoF and Cotf open up to me in the meantime? Or will I have to wait for the new expansion to go live for that?

Anyone know if I pre-order the expansion will RoF and Cotf open up to me in the meantime? Or will I have to wait for the new expansion to go live for that?

No pre-orders.

ill end up buying the collector edition for the box account I keep my mage, chanter on and make a heroic ranger and level it to 100 aswell. then I have chanter/ranger buffs and pet toys always

the other 4 accounts will get standard edition

Currently, not planning on buying it when it comes out (first time I'm not buying an expansion on release, a new change for me), I just hope I don't cave in and pull the trigger though after a couple of weeks. Plan is to wait till they offer some sorta discount in 8 months or so.

In previous expansions it made sense to buy the Collector edition - there was generally something in it that no one got without it. And with pre orders you usually got something utilitarian - like a gate or transportation device.

$50 for a heroic char, a house and a merc? Seriously? If you need the heroic char, pay the $35 and save $15

Also, if you don't need a heroic character right away. They will run a sale on those at some point. They usually do some huge sale in marketplace around Thanksgiving and Christmas, both of which aren't to far away. Can't guarantee it will be Heroics being on sale though, but 1-3 services are usually on sale around those times. I usually pick up the tradeskill pots when they go on sale, besides that I rarely by anything in from marketplace.