Dain Axe Being Removed

either that or change who can equip it to shroud only would make it worthless.

guys seriously if you delete it they wont know you had it in the first place so I would just delete the shit now and not risk there randomness when it comes to bans.

Unless they go through everyone that has petitioned for it and /slap. Since that was the only way to get it. Maybe even get everyone that attempted to get it.

Code:
SQL Server
select * from players p
left outer join destroyed_items d on p.player_id=d.player_id
where item_id=whatever

I would almost guarantee it being as easy as that on the server end.

Code:
SQL Server
select * from players p
left outer join destroyed_items d on p.player_id=d.player_id
where item_id=whatever

I would almost guarantee it being as easy as that on the server end.

except the dev's have stated on many occasion that EQ doesnt run on databases, straight up flat files

steve

except the dev's have stated on many occasion that EQ doesnt run on databases, straight up flat files

steve

configuration data is in flat files (i.e. tradeskill recipes, item data, npc data).

pretty sure character info exists in a database.

Any update on this? Was it removed, changed, nerfed entirely etc? I destroyed mine so I can't tell.

More or less, while in the MM instance, you destroyed the axe, finished it. Petitioned that you "lost" the item and a dumbass GM/CS Agent reimbursed you.

I was picturing people using something like the BankAnywhere docrack to sneak it out of the MM. But if all people are doing is taking advantage of a GM that doesn't know the game, then IMO it is pretty *halfling* to ban people. Yes SOE could have made the weapon shroud only and/or temporary, but if they had GMs providing support for EQ that actually knew EQ and not trying to provide support for all SOE games, this kind of incident wouldn't happen or atleast not happen very often.

rofl...just goes to show how little they really know about the game. I petitioned the other day and when I referred to fabled the GM asked me what fabled meant... :eek:

I heard the emergency patch was cancelled... no clue about details though...

-Zaj

When I got mine I simple got the mission, zoned in, destroyed the axe, petitioned and logged off. Most of the time they would reimburse. Worked best if you petitioned at roughly 2-4am. Seems like all the F'n retards work those hours.

steve

configuration data is in flat files (i.e. tradeskill recipes, item data, npc data).

pretty sure character info exists in a database.
Long long ago, character info was all in flat files
this has all since been upgraded to database

yah guys if all the characters info was stored in a flat file SOE would have the biggest HD storage building in the world. Database is the way to go :)

yah guys if all the characters info was stored in a flat file SOE would have the biggest HD storage building in the world. Database is the way to go :)

yeah characters may be stored in a database but you gotta remember this game was created 10+yrs ago with very little service interuption and was originally all flat filed, its not easy to convert everything to database without ALOT of downtime

steve

what you talkin about willis its easy to import data from a flat file into a database and the code to implement is even easier.... conversion from flatfile to db would be a pretty quick fix up.. and DB's were around 10 years ago believe it or not! :)

They could have done it with minimal downtime... write all the scripts the slap them on the servers... servers reboot with new code imports all the data and starts using db.. ?? what a couple hours at most.