Cleric or enchanter - opinions pls

tristar

Reaction score
Hey im boxing a shm and mnk on fippy and ive decided to add a third char to box. My question is should i make a cleric to compliment my group or ench ? Which would be most beneficial as an active char?

The pros and cons i have so far are
Pros cleric
Buffs, good heals and plate armor, and best of all rez, and would free my shaman up so i could use my awesome dots
Cons cleric
Lower dps vs having ench.

Pros enchanter
Clarity, dots, debuffs, crowd control, and entertainment value from illusions.
Cons enchanter
Dies easy and frequently

Enchanter if you have to choose, but both are great. The early game really favors crowd control, but even in todays game enchanters are worth the horrible dps.

I would rock the cleric. Shaman can canni for mana so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Monk can FD so you shouldn't get tooo many adds. The chanter can't rez either.

However to get the best of both worlds, I would ditch the shaman and just level the cleric and enchanter together.

I say go Bard

I have 6 boxed for over 6years now. Usually I fire up 5 accounts and use a cleric merc. But on raid events where you cant use them I use cleric and shmy for heals.

Shaman and monk are awesome combo but I think you are forgetting that you can easily add a merc cleric and you dont have to go T5 merc if the 97pp every 15min is the concern, you could easily go with a lower Tier merc and still have great heals on demand plus res's.

Pro's on bard;
Increase grp dps, duel wield plate class, Can tank,single pull across zone,
can highsun mobs (this sends a mob back to its spawn location and wipes aggro), increase grp mana/hp regen, slow/dot/snare/mez mobs,decent dps,
mez note: bards can only mez ONE target at a time so true cc aint gonna happen.

Pro's on ENC:
grp haste, mana regen , slows, Crowd control....
NOTE: my enc almost never dies as the enc mac I use starts mezzing mobs at a range of 80 so they get mezzed long before they can whack the enc
however DPS on enc... what dps? hehe

Something that I have found out from five boxing. you are never gonna have a true perfect grp so what i did is have the Enc/bard on same account. Depending on situation I pull out enc for CC and for grinds because i five box I useally use enc cause i just go tag 4 or 5 mobs with monk and dont bother wasting time single pulling. Sometime keep Time of how long it takes you each run out for a mob and back to camp. it adds up fast, whereas if you pull 4 or 5 at a time you actually kill way faster. As in over say 30 min or an hour you will have killed a lot more mobs by pulling 4 or 5 at a time

My favorite Dps grp is zerker,ranger(tank ;p),Bard,Rog,monk,Shmy
can you say SICK DPS :)

thankfully a LOT of people on this site have pm'ed me their strategy/bits of macs/holyshit/downshits so that I now rock the dps.

Other combo's I use for boxing older Raid events
Warrior,Ranger,Enc,Rog,Cleric
Mage,Shd,Mage,Rog,Cleric

Accounts look roughly like this
Warrior,zerker,mage
Ranger,Shd,Wiz*rarely use*
Enc,Bard,Mage
Rog
Monk,Cleric

My point is that since you are going with 3 accounts you could have both bard and enchanter, Then use whichever you need. For most days the bard would be fine but when you need true Crowd control whip out the enc.

Also you said you wanted a cleric so your shmy could dot? /boggle you need a way better mac. There is NO reason your shmy shouldnt be doting the hell out of the mob then healing as needed. Shmy dots do rock. there is a nice shmy mac on this site I think shmbot is name or something like that Havent used it but have seen it. I think JJ wrote it any who check that out or find one that will dot / heal.

all my toons are lvl 90 with over 3kAA and full T4 grp gear. Macros make earning exp/ lvls / aa fairly easy so don't be discouraged about thought of lvling a bard and enc on same account. I would start with bard as it sounds like you are only doing grp content so the extra dps/ tanking of bard would be a great addition for your 3 box.

I have 6 boxed for over 6years now. Usually I fire up 5 accounts and use a cleric merc. But on raid events where you cant use them I use cleric and shmy for heals.

Shaman and monk are awesome combo but I think you are forgetting that you can easily add a merc cleric and you dont have to go T5 merc if the 97pp every 15min is the concern, you could easily go with a lower Tier merc and still have great heals on demand plus res's.

Pro's on bard;
Increase grp dps, duel wield plate class, Can tank,single pull across zone,
can highsun mobs (this sends a mob back to its spawn location and wipes aggro), increase grp mana/hp regen, slow/dot/snare/mez mobs,decent dps,
mez note: bards can only mez ONE target at a time so true cc aint gonna happen.

Pro's on ENC:
grp haste, mana regen , slows, Crowd control....
NOTE: my enc almost never dies as the enc mac I use starts mezzing mobs at a range of 80 so they get mezzed long before they can whack the enc
however DPS on enc... what dps? hehe

Something that I have found out from five boxing. you are never gonna have a true perfect grp so what i did is have the Enc/bard on same account. Depending on situation I pull out enc for CC and for grinds because i five box I useally use enc cause i just go tag 4 or 5 mobs with monk and dont bother wasting time single pulling. Sometime keep Time of how long it takes you each run out for a mob and back to camp. it adds up fast, whereas if you pull 4 or 5 at a time you actually kill way faster. As in over say 30 min or an hour you will have killed a lot more mobs by pulling 4 or 5 at a time

My favorite Dps grp is zerker,ranger(tank ;p),Bard,Rog,monk,Shmy
can you say SICK DPS :)

thankfully a LOT of people on this site have pm'ed me their strategy/bits of macs/holyshit/downshits so that I now rock the dps.

Other combo's I use for boxing older Raid events
Warrior,Ranger,Enc,Rog,Cleric
Mage,Shd,Mage,Rog,Cleric

Accounts look roughly like this
Warrior,zerker,mage
Ranger,Shd,Wiz*rarely use*
Enc,Bard,Mage
Rog
Monk,Cleric

My point is that since you are going with 3 accounts you could have both bard and enchanter, Then use whichever you need. For most days the bard would be fine but when you need true Crowd control whip out the enc.

Also you said you wanted a cleric so your shmy could dot? /boggle you need a way better mac. There is NO reason your shmy shouldnt be doting the hell out of the mob then healing as needed. Shmy dots do rock. there is a nice shmy mac on this site I think shmbot is name or something like that Havent used it but have seen it. I think JJ wrote it any who check that out or find one that will dot / heal.

all my toons are lvl 90 with over 3kAA and full T4 grp gear. Macros make earning exp/ lvls / aa fairly easy so don't be discouraged about thought of lvling a bard and enc on same account. I would start with bard as it sounds like you are only doing grp content so the extra dps/ tanking of bard would be a great addition for your 3 box.

wow thanks. those are great points. i will do it with a bard then, thats a fantastic idea. my main concern with the cleric thing was, fippy might not have mercenaries for a while, its a time lapse server. and i just wanted the chanty for the crack, but a bard would be way easier to maintain than a chanty, and i dont really care for the cleric class, i'd just use it for rezzing a wipeout. but i think ive convinced a friend to make a cleric on this server.

and btw i dont use any macros, i just started back about 2 weeks maybe? and i dont know anything about macros, plugins, etc. ive been doing things the old fashioned way, just using mq2 for the /zone function and map. i wish i knew how to use macros and make them, but i just cant sit still long enough to read all the posts about it. all that code makes my head hurt :p i tried to use the shaman bot macro but it started talking about problems with the .ini and i went and looked at the files like wtf.. and just deleted it. lol.

yea being new can suck

im too tired tonight but ill pm you some easy macros that wont require setting up ini or anything. the monk macro for example would be monk.mac in your macros folder then you just type /macro monk to start the macro and your monk will assist and melee mobs etc and to end a macro you just /end and hit enter. I'll pm you a bunch of info later when im not so tired.

I know it sucks trying to learn all this programming stuff but learning the basics will make the value you get out of this site soooo much higher than what you are getting now. It will also make multi boxing easy as you will only need to control one toon usually the puller, then when you call assist in the /bc channel all your other melee/healers will be running without you needing to tab over to those screens.

Awesome.

well i just bought 2 macros from devestator, i cant wait for the patch to be fixed..