Careful Trading ... there is a trade hack !!

Doug

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi, wanted to let everyone know be VERY careful making trade's . There is an active trade hack that I got hit with today of FV. I would suggest making anyone buying anything from you go through trader mode.

Something with the person being out of range, money appeared in the trade window but when trade was accepted they recieved the item and I got zip for plat.

Be careful !!!

thanks!

K honestly I’m surprised no one has said anything about this earlier - it’s been around for literally over a year. It’s just a hack to fake the idea of plat being in the trade window...when you hit trade since there isn’t any money actually IN the window, you are basically being tricked into hitting trade.

No there isn’t a dupe for this, its just a trick that no one that has it should ever give out, let alone use since GM's are very well aware of this but as far as i know Sony hasn’t cared enough to fix it. They just trace the item, give it back to its original owner and ban the dumbass that did such an obvious hack.

yah, I found that post on eqlive forum's also. I did not post that though. There was a few people hit with the trade hack all around similar times on FV , one of them must have run there to post heh.

It sounds to me like this is a plugin that warps you away from the buyer and then back in the blink of an eye, just long enough for the plat transfer to fail. Assuming that's true, items always transfer first, and then coin, allowing you to recieve your item for the short period of time you are there, and then preventing your plat from transferring for the short period of time you are away. I can't write plugins or any of that jazz, but I'm going to try to manually test it for myself.

Treeslayer said:
Always use the trader mode to sell. If you make a deal, reprice. Do not use the trade window.

Second, never trade near a bank. The cheat involves using the teleport to the central bazaar area, while the trade window is open. Wait for the other guy to click trade first, make sure you can see him, and he is nowhere near a teleport.

Crazy people