Ashengate Raid Instance ?

smason

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on the ashengate raid instances? What quests you need to do to get them etc? Thanks

not fuly uncovered the progression myself yet, but requires everyone in guild to do 4 mission arcs. they are solo missions, just cant remember who they are from :p

Anyone confirm that you need to complete four arcs and that every member in raid needs this done? I've recently taken an interest in persueing the quests, they definately are challenging but with a group of friends is a blast. I will eventually figure out what happens if 1 person completes all 4 arcs but am interested in the number required to raid if it's everyone or just 18 to get the instance.

by 4 arcs, are you talking about stuff like Slicing Clay, etc?

i have completed 4 missions in Ashengate, and the npc that gave those missions has not mentioned anything about a raid instance or who to talk to for a raid instance.

ok...

3 mission arcs from sunderock output are needed, a vergalid kill, griffon trainer in direwind and another npc in direwind.

one of the mission arcs is currently broken on most servers due to teh quest eggs being removed due to people exploiting them

Umm if some people can post what Quests they were doing for this.. please do so.. I am very interested in Pursuing this myself.. as it seems this si going to be some nice gear out of this area..

problem isnt the quests, its the pita to get them done for EVERY person in your raid.

then you have to kill vergalid, with the 20k hitting gnome robot! all adds to the pita of it :p

All I know is I can get a raid after doing the 4 solo tasks from Captain Zheren at the Scale outpost in Sunderock, got a 15ac 20hp/mana/end aug as final reward and can get raid from the guy next to him but dont' know what raid it is.

1st - Scout sunderock
2nd - Kill engineers and catapults (NE from camp over river)
3rd - Kill courier and his guards (Spawns at Direwind ent and roams south to Vergalid mines ent)
4th - Kill slavedrivers and overseer guy in sunder then slaves in vergalid

So far I've found 6 mission arcs relating to Ashengate starting with the following missions. Sabotage, Slicing Clay, Children of Flame, A Tapestry of Words, The Sanctity of the Scale, Tidying up the Temple. Are all 6 required + the raid kill to request the raid instance?

I'm currently doing the arc by Zhureni in sunderrock and i'm stuck. Anyone know what to do at this step: Throw Randalph's magical ring into the lava of Ashengate from the shore in the east wing

It's from the 5 task in the arc. I tried holding the ring on the bridge near zone in and clicking everywhere but nothing happens.

go to wear the scale is and you need to float out over the platform to get the update (just past where you get the update for painting)

My guild was working on this for the past month. You need ally faction with Zhubis the Griffin Trainer in Direwind. You also need ally faction with Jenray in Direwind. You need to do all quest arcs for Jenray (when you hail him take weapons off or you will get ownd) and you need to do all for Zhubis. You also need to talk to Lawwe in Mourning in Cresent Reach. Also Ysurria in Cresent reach. Captain Zheren in Sunderock as well as several other 70+ mission givers in Sunderock. Its all about faction. You need to have all those arcs done. Once you get to kindly with Zhubis, you will get a task called The Pretender. You need to do that. You also need the gnome raid and another 24 man raid in Vergalid where you go in and kill a large water snake that looks like the Lochness Monster. It's a huge PITA but if you want to raid the end zones this is what you will need to do.

I just gave you all the names and zones, so go out and hail them for more info. If I posted a walk through it would negate all the sweating and anger from the past month for me. I had to go through it, so do you :) Besides if you can't do it from what I gave you, then you shouldnt be doing them haha

Thanks I appreciate that post, I have figured most of it out on my own now and have sweat as much as you have no worries. The only thing I'm curious about is, ally is the confirmed faction required or does anything over kindly work?

Question: Is "a daring rescue" working properly? I know where arbiter spawns but I'm having a heck of a time getting him to pop. I have read many complaints on this issue and that at one time it was alot more broken than now. Anyone have any information on how long it took to spawn this quest and how many people you were able to complete with it? I've read it can give out 12 flags.

Never mind my question finally got him to pop. He spawns as a red con looks like the other ash mobs, the NPC spawns in the back of the room away from door. NPC spawned instantly after arb death though I've read that it can bug sometimes. People without children of flame can not get a flag via a hail though =/ However on the plus side tasks that require you to collect items (aka task 3 in this arc) you can collect them before you do the task and get credit the moment they're in your bags, even if you bank it, just goto bank get the items get task update. So word to the wise collect 1 of everything in ash ><

Also as noted in a recent DEV post on the eqboards this quest CAN be done in a raid however it is capped at 12 flags max. Quest 3 involves no drop items that drop in the area so scoop them up while waiting for ARB.

As a respose, you definitely need ally. You can get The Pretender mission at Kindly but can't do Ashengate raids until you are Ally.

Genetic said:
Where Does the Arbiter of Ash spawn?

The very last drop off point before the final hallway to the zone out room.

He's a big swirly blind mob. Make sure to pull him to where Hidaga spawns as you'll only have I think 30 seconds to hail her before she depops.