Arena Champion's Badge

WickedMofo

Banned From KEQ Never EQ!
Reaction score
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3403

This is a fun, but VERY VERY challenging event. I got my charm to 145 hps, so am very close to done with this. Would not advise even trying this passed the 30th wave if you are not at least fully Anguish/DoN geared. Some of these strats on killing certain waves I would love to try and update. There are times when you can mezz mobs and times you can't, times you need to have kiters, and those kiters kiting non-snareable mobs.

I reached the four Ghosts, and yes wiped the first 2 times we tried this. It is best to have a good Cleric and a Druid and Tank, and OT and DPS and Slower. Of course I end up being the OT and the DPS as a rogue. Seems like they react sharply to Line of Sight, tested this by necro rezzing people below the entrance to arena, and also by having someone zone in normally while mobs were at the other end of the arena (they immediately aggro on Line of Sight). Also learned these are undead, so Necro having fun slowing them :p

Managed to have tank get aggro, and kite them around, best thing so far, and chanter peels one off with mem blur when we are ready to kill it below out of sight of the others. Looking forward to finishing this.

Just curious if anyone else has done this, strats on this fight as I am sure others have enjoyed it.

Exploit

Not sure if this has been fixxed yet, but when you zone out the Arena saves where you are in the instance. Each wave has a boss you kill to advance. Normally you would need to kill every monster in each wave to complete the wave, but when I did it (My guild isn't even into tacvi yet) we found out that if we kill the boss and then zone out, it removes all of the normal monsters and gives you credit for that wave. So in reality all that you have to do is kite the adds and kill the boss, zone out, rinse repeat. Maxxed my charm out by doing this.

yet another way to do this mission is u can get gimps the charm as well....the mission auto -updates to the lowest level completed by whomever is in zone when the mission starts.

therefore.....if you have a toon that hasn't done any missions but say wicked has his charm at 145hp's all members can zone in except the person that has not done any levels. The mission will start and then mobs can be kited around while the person outside zones in. Upon the kill of that wave the person that gimped in will recieve full charm credit for all waves prior to the one completed.

So to get a fully upgraded charm the person with no stats on theirs would have to zone in as the other group beat the last wave of the arena?

If thats the case then the above two methods would be good to do together

Arena Badge

Actually to complete some of the last waves of the charm cycle 30-41 and not wipe alot.
Get a group Sk/war dps dps healer slower Sk and warrior are important here can have the warrior tanking and have Sk Dread gaze the bosses and kite along with all the adds that pop in the cycle its pretty simple setup,
1st Dont tank mobs in the arena zone in move down the hall from arena go all the way back to jails area set group up here. Have sk and one dps up top Sk in middle of arena and the other dps hailing the arena champion to start the waves. Now when bosses pop have sk single target one and use terror and have the dps tag the other adds usually one pops in middle and other to the left take the one on left to group kill down and sk can kite other boss until adds spawn from the boss thats being killed by the group.Now when that boss is dead come back up tag the other boss off the kiting sk adds will still stay on the sk along with the new ones that will spawn while killing the last boss when all bosses dead all run up and say /leave to champion and get port out sk goes last works good if you have hot keys made ahead of time and remember to target the champion befor saying /leave get new task come back in for next wave. Only hard wave is the 4 ghost there will need sk dead in middle to DG and kite all 4 have someone agro and take one to raid at a time. Not to mention that the person doing the tagging off sk will need to cast on him try not to damage the boss to agro if so this will cause problems with the sk thats kitting and get him summoned and killed use taunt also this works great to pull adds off the kitter. BTW have a good tank atleast 15k hp or more the bosses at end hit fairly hard 3k and flurries on some hope this helps some of you get past the last waves. Also if there is no adds from boss just stay in task med and go again only drop if you have adds save you some time just depends on the waves.

no to get a fully upgraded charm all the person with no stats has to do is zone in after the last wave has been started.....

so basically if 3 people are near the end (minimum to get task) all tehy have to do is zone in and spawn the event while the other 3 wait outside....after they zone in....1 person kites teh mobs while the other 3 with no stats zone in.....then group kills the mob....everyone's charm gets updated

if thats the case eqhaxor you should post that on the xploits section.

Arena Champion

Now if you bring a person in who hasn't done the higher levels, it resets the group. Ie. you don't get credit for it.

However, it occurs to me that using a remote say to get the next wave and using a monk to kill the higher levels could make this a lot easier.