AE mez, Tank and MA don't sync, mobs break

flatlined785

Reaction score
I was using the top end AE mez, Deadening Wave. Enc script works fine for it. The mobs all get locked down.

But the tank and the MA choose different targets. That is to be expected, the MA is starting in on the group's target, and the tank was grabbing a mob to tank it.
The problem is they never sync up what they are doing (and that the enc will either AE or single mez). So the MA stays on new target, the tank keeps breaking one add target. If I realize the issue, and <esc> the tank target, he will decide to go tank the MA target, and so stops dps on the unmez'd one, and the enc can then mez it and get it locked down.

This happens almost for sure on every multi-mob pull.

The tank should be grabbing the "extra", ok, and then once he has it on him, go get the MA target, but never gets to that step.

I was using the top end AE mez, Deadening Wave. Enc script works fine for it. The mobs all get locked down.

But the tank and the MA choose different targets. That is to be expected, the MA is starting in on the group's target, and the tank was grabbing a mob to tank it.
The problem is they never sync up what they are doing (and that the enc will either AE or single mez). So the MA stays on new target, the tank keeps breaking one add target. If I realize the issue, and <esc> the tank target, he will decide to go tank the MA target, and so stops dps on the unmez'd one, and the enc can then mez it and get it locked down.

This happens almost for sure on every multi-mob pull.

The tank should be grabbing the "extra", ok, and then once he has it on him, go get the MA target, but never gets to that step.
Sounds like you dont have the MA with auto hater on all xtargets and everyone else with XTarget1 as Main Assist's Target.
</esc>

I was going to post .. No, that's my exact setup.
I thought I'd check before I posted.

2 toons no longer had that setup. Both healers though. I know they HAD that setup. Does loadui or changing skin reset that setting for assist? They definitely had it before, and all the other toons still had it correctly.

So .. 2 healers, not the chanter, the MA or the tank.

I will have to see now if it makes any difference, with all the toons now having it again set up correctly.

Nope, still happening, with all toons having the right assist setup.

Did some more experimenting with this, it's not really AE mezzing related, it's any mez with multi-mobs.
I am can reliably have this happen on any # of multi-mob pulls.

1. Tank set as tank, MA as MA, puller is chanter, not MA or tank.
2. Puller tag one of a pair of mobs that will aggro together.
3. Mobs get to camp. Tank always picks different mob to the MA.
4. Chanter decides to mez the non MA mob. Good choice!
5. Tank (and often other melee, for me it's a bard) will always be on the other mob. The mez will be broken. Chanter will try repeatedly to get a mez that isn't broken.
6. Hit escape on tank and any other melee. They immediately re-select a target, always the MA's target. They move to that target.
7. Chanter can mez lock the 2nd mob, fight is working as normal now.

I have the full list of helper plugins as suggested in the wiki for mq2bot. So I have netbots on.
In general everything is working fine, the toons aren't doing anything too out of character, saving this requirement to press escape on the melee toons. If I don't press escape, the toons will keep on staying on the other mob, until it dies or they die. Then they'll re-evaluate, and always pick the MA target.

i think the target is getting memblurred and dropping off xtarget for a split second. it would explain why the enc tries to remez because it thinks it is a new target. i have an idea of how to counter that, but it might be awhile to implement.

In the thread post below this, I also made, I mention a problem with Enc recasting the dual effect mez, which seems like it is caused by the blur bit being resisted.

The problem in this thread, I think still happens when using a non blur mez.

I can't check, weather trashing my internet for the time being, so not online.

Last edited: