AA Exploit Answer

smason

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I have received word that corrections for participating in the exploit for gaining AA points that caused the emergency update on October 17th will be happening here very shortly. What is going to happen is that anyone who participated in the exploit will be 'selectively corrected' and will be losing ALL AA points they earned on the day(s) they participated in the exploit. 'Selectively corrected' meaning this will not affect those who did not participate in the exploit.

If for instance someone participated in the exploit on Monday and gained 500 AA points, skipped doing so on Tuesday and just leveled AA normally receiving 10 AA points, then exploited again on Wednesday gaining another 700 AA points, they will lose the 1200 points they gained through the exploit and be refunded the 10 they earned legitimately on Tuesday. The same will occur for any points gained by these folks from the day of the update until the day of the correction happening, they will be refunded the points they legitimately earned and have those points available to respend as they wish.

Any AA points that may have been legitimately earned on the day they participated in the exploit will unfortunately be lost. Consider this a penalty fine for participating in the exploit.

Feel free to post any questions you may have regarding this situation here, and we will try to answer everything we can. Please keep your posted questions constructive and on the topic so we do not miss any good, valid questions. If you wish to discuss this issue further then just asking questions about what is happening, please start another thread to do so.
Kytherea ~~wielding a giant hammer & a hairless War Hamster~~

"I'm late, I'm late...."

Debate away, does the selective mean not everyone or?

I think there will be a minimum number that they are looking for.. Hopefully the numbers quoted are a clue.. Less than say 500 and you're off the radar.

smason said:
I have received word that corrections for participating in the exploit for gaining AA points that caused the emergency update on October 17th will be happening here very shortly. What is going to happen is that anyone who participated in the exploit will be 'selectively corrected' and will be losing ALL AA points they earned on the day(s) they participated in the exploit. 'Selectively corrected' meaning this will not affect those who did not participate in the exploit.

The selective part doesnt make sense to me. If your going to do it to everyone tha tused the exploit why say selective then try to define selective. Might jsut be me but doesnt sound right to me, maybe there going to selectivly pick people to do this to.

Selective means, this won't happen to everyone in EQ and we're making sure not to roll anyting else on your character back, because we realize it was our fuck up and that 1000s of people used it. aka SOE is a wimp and they can't afford to ban that many accounts!

The plan is to let the tension get to us. It's like life in the electric chair. I'm thinking... they want to scare people some, but not drive away their money. So since they don't publish their punishments, they can say they will do something soon, then make no further comment. Perhaps even find some people that have given them trouble via complaints and such on the servers with the highest exploits and roll them back. My guess is if you've been careful and such you may get away with it this time. I have been wrong before, and so has SOE. They fear another roll back, and I doubt they have the mechanisms in place to detect for certain who did this AA thing. If I'm wrong I'll be back where I started which was pretty uber anyway.

The rollback from the beta tradeskill vendors in PoK was supposed to be selective too, but if you bought something from someone who bought something from someone who bought something from one of the vendors you were rolledback.

That's right cudacuf, that's why I say SOE fears roll backs.

They lost a few customers over that last time.

I know at least 3 that would play Wow just for the Pvp but would raid in EQ.

They got rolled back and decided, "What the heck Wow is good" and haven't come back to EQ since.

I've been told that people were rolled back from the AA thing, but I don't know of any for certain, and so far no one's posting that they had their AA's removed.

I know SOE moves slow about fixing things, but I refuse to believe that SOE's working on this now, not after this much time.

But, what do I know? We might all be on double secret probation.

I only got 5 aa using this method and my "gimp" account was flat out banned. Wouldnt even tell me why it was banned, but this is the only thing I ever did on it.

I got over 2k AA's on 3 toons (all on the same account) and no problems what-so-ever.. Still loaded on AA's.. I just wish I had more velium :)

My "gimp" account was suspended for about 2 weeks - its now unsuspended though - they wouldnt tell me what it was for, so im not even sure if it was for this.

All of my other acocunts (3 - multiple chars per accnt) havent been touched and are still active !

6 Accounts that all gained between 100-300 AA, none have been touched so far, and hopefully that's the end of it...