Search results

1. T

Torrent box -- PSU and OS?

So it's the cheapest tech time of the year. This year, my present to myself is a new torrent box. To be specific, I want a small, low-power machine with a lot of storage that will run as close to absolute silent as possible. It doesn't need to be able to play HD content, but if it does, that...
  2. T

Moving OS installs between hard drives

So I'm finally getting around to upgrading the hard drive on my laptop -- moving from 100gb to 500gb. However, I'd really like to be able to move the old OS / data entirely over to the new HD. The space is no issue -- I have a 1TB external. Anyone have any suggestions? Or am I just going to have...
  3. T

Network traffic tracking program

Hey folks...I'm a Comcast net user, which means that my line caps itself off now at 250gb/month. The problem is that...I'm also a big downloader, and I'm in a house with two other people with similar dispositions. Is there a way that I can track how much of that 250gb is being used? I use a...
  4. T

This made me really happy...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/al_gore_places_infant_son_in
  5. T

Desktop?

Boredom strikes again... What are you using for your background/desktop? Who are you using, if the answer is relevant? I've currently got Summer Glau up, with a script of countdown timers...
  6. T

Favorite books / What are you reading now?

Because I read way, way too much, I often run low on reading material. As such, I frequently need to search for suggestions. Figured I'd post the sorts of stuff that I've gotten in to, and see if anyone has any tips on places to look. Stephen King - read almost all of his stuff, absolutely love...
  7. T

External hard drive problems

So I've got a WD external hard drive sitting on my desk that I've had for about a year and a half or so. In that time, I've run it pretty much all day (turned off at night), and tend to put it through its paces...lots of downloading videos onto it, and watching the movies from there, etc...
  8. T

I hate today with a fiery, angry, STD-causing passion

I am *always* everyone's April Fool, goddammit. I got woken up at 12:15am this morning with a phone call from my good friend saying that another good friend had died in a car crash. As soon as he said, "APRIL FOOLS", (about a minute after I started freaking out over the phone), I hung up the...
  9. T

MQ2ClickMaint v1.20

I just want to start this off with a huge "Thank You" to Sadge, Hawthorne, Jobey, and most especially Nightmare327 for helping with the testing of this plugin. Without their help, this would never have gotten done. ***Information*** MQ2ClickMaint is a plugin intended to replace the casting...
  10. T

Important programs

So...in the process of converting my Dell Windows laptop to a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows computer, I ran into a nasty complication along the lines of my hard drive having hidden partitions built in, said partitions causing major errors, and my HD getting wiped. I've got Windows and Ubuntu running...
  11. T

Finding an E-book

I'm a college student, and like most college students, I fucking hate spending money on books. As part of one of my majors (economics), I'm required to buy this book. Now, for a difficult class, I wouldn't mind buying a $100 book (well, I would, but not much). But for basic statistics? I just...
  12. T

Demonoid shut down...

JJ, what torrent websites do you use? Mininova has always been my backup, but it's a piece of shit compared to what Demonoid was. Any suggestions for well-organized, well-stocked torrent sites?
  13. T

(Bard) Melee assist macro

This is currently set up more for bards, but it'd be easy to convert it to melee... Features: --Because I was in a quirky mode when I wrote it, the macro's echoes are quotes or paraphrases of quotes from the movie Galaxy Quest. Why? Why not? --Syntax for the macro: "/mac afkassist...
  14. T

Bug with guild banner...

There's an interesting story with this, but I'll just cut the shit: Using the guild banner and guild portal, you can port into ToB without being ToB flagged. No zone req messages or anything. Just need to have an officer and a few groups go plant the banner, then any unflagged and jump right...
  15. T

MQ2IRC update...

I've gotten tired of constantly redoing my passwords when using this plugin, so I added support for the plugin to enter your passwords for you when joining a server/channel. This allows you to get things like +v and +h, etc, without having to leave, identify, and rejoin. Hopefully one of the...
  16. T

Plugin request

Those of you that know me know that I don't normally just ask for something. I'm the kind of person that likes to figure something out, because there's more benefit in it. But I've tried starting this plugin every which way I can imagine, looked at all the examples I can look at, and to be...
  17. T

Plugin: MQ2Rez

So...after looking at MQ2Autorez, I decided to take it upon myself to finish what dewey had started and make the next step to have it autoloot as well as take the rez. Commands: /rez -> displays settings /rez accept on|off -> Toggle auto-accepting rezbox /rez spawn on|off ->...
  18. T

Some necro macros

Obviously I've posted these elsewhere, but since (I would hope) they are not on these boards, I'll post them here and hopefully gain some access. This is a very heavily modified version of THIS wonderful macro for the afk grouping necro. A lot of my changes were code cutting/optimization...