Search results

1. M

Thinking of coming back

Well I'm thinking of messing around in EQ again for a bit. I have not played for at least 4 years. I've got 2 accounts with various level 75's. I really liked playing my necro and beastlord. Any quick ideas on what to do first (other than setup mq2)? I fondly remember the good ol' days of...
  2. M

Win XP Home memory question

From what I understand, the max memory that Win XP Home can see/use is 4GB. However based on stuff you have installed (PCI cards, HD, video cards), Windows could only end up seeing about 2.75 to 3gb. I'm wondering, based on my system, if I pop in a couple new DDR2-800 2gb sticks, in place of...
  3. M

Sub logic question

I prefer to write my own scripts, or if using snippets from other peoples, I like to understand completely how it works. This is a snippet from a bst assist macro for self buffingSub CheckSelfBuffs /declare i int local /for i 1 to ${SelfBuffTotal} /if...
  4. M

November 20th Patch Message

Six hours for that crap!
  5. M

Easy way to check for HoT?

I'm looking for the simplest way to monitor from my cleric to monitor hot spells he casts. Modbot uses netheal, which I don't really understand how to get that incorporated into a macro, and AFcleric uses a timer. The timer I could probably do on my own. If you're asking yourself, why doesn't...
  6. M

November 13th Patch Message

Game Update: On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 2:00 am PST (3:00 am MST, 4:00 am CST, 5:00 am EST - 8.00 GMT), all EverQuest Live servers will be coming down for a Game Update to launch the Secrets of Faydwer Expansion. The estimated downtime is 14 hours. 11/13/2007 Here's a sneak peek...
  7. M

How does /alert work?

I've read the mq2 wiki entry and I understand the basic concept. If I do this: /alert add 1 "valorian sentry"will that add any npc named "valorian sentry" to alert list 1? Then I do this: /target npc radius 100 zradius 50 alert 1that will only target any npc within that radius that is named...
  8. M

List of fellowship camps and required materials?

Does anyone have a list of the individual fellowship campfires, their focus, and what materials I need to buy in order to set it up? Link would work as well. Matt
  9. M

Remote use of computer...

I saw this today over at Tom's Hardware. AT&T's VNC: Free Remote Computer Access | Tom's Guide Very intriguing read and its something I need to look more into. The fact that it will run on certain types of phones, or even my son's DS, could make it possible to control my AFK EQ toons while...
  10. M

Video tech question about EQ and switching users in XP

When running EQ, I use to be able to switch users on my computer so my wife could log in and check email, whatever, while I was in bazaar mode, or afk macroing, or whatever in EQ. When I would switch back to my user the video would be a little flashy (window would flash black for a millisecond...
  11. M

Levitation flag server side?

Is there a way to tell the game that you are levitating when in fact you are not? As an example in MPG, you get stripped of lev buffs. I've got a charm that only works when levitating. Could there be a way to turn that flag on, so the charm would still power up? Or is that server side? Matt
  12. M

Mez subroutine/snippet help please?

I'm trying to write a very simple mez subroutine that would work something like this: 1. Check number of npc's around a specified radius of me, that I have LOS on. 2. Target each one and them mez them. That's it for now. Eventually I want to have it first assist the ma and tag that...
  13. M

Train!! Monster Mission question???

Does anyone know how to train the invaders out of the zone in this monster mission? Train! I've agro'd them and ran them to both ZO's that are not the water ones and it they just stand there. Any help would be appreciated :) Matt
  14. M

Help with spell_routines.inc

I'm using spell_routines.inc and I want my macro to check for resists after the spell was cast and then retry a certain number of times. The .inc file says: /call Cast "spellname|itemname|AAname|AA#" [item|alt|gem#] [give up time][s|m] [custom subroutine name] [Number of resist recasts] So I...
  15. M

Macro help - assisting MA and a couple other things...

I'm working on a macro that will assist an MA, specifically the group leader. What happens is the group leader moves to a target and engages a mob. What I want the other toon to do is when this happens, move to grp ldr, assist grp ldr, cast a spell, then attack (I am using both mq2moveutils...
  16. M

Easy Ashengate 265 hp/mana cloak quest (with pics!)

Hi all, I made my first post on MMOBugs which was this- easy 50aug quest with pics and people liked it so I thought I would write up this quest, which is similar. This is a 3 part quest that starts in Crescent Reach and only involves Crescent Reach and Ashengate. It requires no killing, you...
  17. M

Monster Missions? Help figure out a good one for macroing

I've been looking at all the different Monster Missions from reading about them here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/monstermissions.html I'm trying to find one that would be fairly simple to automate like the Naggy MM in order to 'spread the wealth' with regards to zones that GMs might be...
  18. M

GroupSize question

I cannot test this right now, but would this work? I just want the macro on other PCs to campout and end the macro if group goes less than 3. If ${Me.GroupSize} < 3 { /camp /end } Matt
  19. M

Problem with mqui_docrkwnd

Whenever I try to load everquest with a modified equi.xml file (located in my ui/default folder) the game will crash after selecting what server I want to play on. What is funny is that I've got 2 separate installs of EQ (2 different harddrives) and on one EQ will load fine (and I can bring up...
  20. M

Warp and DotheZone offsets?

I'm new to the forums, and was looking around to try and find were the warp and dothezone offsets were? I looked at the current source files for MQ2MMOBugtools and couldn't find the warp offset in there (I didn't see any defines in that source, and I'm pretty new to this, so not sure were to go...