Mq2medley questions

Dealings

Reaction score
I been having more success w some medley flags

I want to tweak some new flags

from the wiki i grabbed and added a little and hoping they work, either as holyflags or as part of the main medley (combat)

Code:
holyshit2=/if (${SpawnCount[NPC radius 40 zradius 40]} >1 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Dirge of the Sleepwalker]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) /medley queue "Dirge of the Sleepwalker" -targetid|${Me.XTarget[2].ID -interrupt
holyshit3=/if (${SpawnCount[NPC radius 40 zradius 40]} >1 && !${Me.AltAbilityReady[Dirge of the Sleepwalker]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<99 ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) /medley queue "Slumber of Jembel Rk.II" -targetid|${Me.XTarget[2].ID -interrupt

I am not sure if medley can use both -targetid and -interrupt are those 2 things exclusevely for medley?

next question is about aura and aura gem

I believe I have aura working, now mq2cast has a setting to set the gem to cast a particular spell (ex.: cast "this and that" gem1

can medley mem a song (aura) so as not to have a gem dedicated to aura and therefore be unused most of the time?

I actually hope there is a way since I loose access to gem 1 and 2 and leave them for aura and other for an offchance a mob has something to dispel. Needless to say most of the time those 2 gems go unused.

I could be using those gems for something else

was re reading wiki

Automatically switch to maintaining 7 songs when Tune is up

how does this work exactly? when tune is not up does it not sing certain songs?

was re reading wiki

Automatically switch to maintaining 7 songs when Tune is up

how does this work exactly? when tune is not up does it not sing certain songs?

I believe the way that effect was achieved by using the conditional casting feature of MQ2Medley.

I don't remember the syntax but in the example from the author he tested to see if Tune was active, then had an if condition that said use this song if tune is active.

I can't help with the original question which is how to automatically mez other than to advise that you really don't want to mix between medley and melee. Should use one of the other, otherwise both will be trying to give commands to your character and the results will likely be unpredictable.

Last edited:
use this song if tune is active

so does this mean they should ONLY fire if tune is active

i will most likely use medley to single mez if can get it to work not both

You would have to post your medley ini since everything is user configurable.

Code:
song4=Rigelon's Reckless Renewal Rk. II^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1
song5=Pulse of Xigam Rk. II^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1
song6=Travenro's Song of Suffering Rk. II^24^1  + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1
song7=Aria of Begalru Rk. II^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1
song8=War March of Dekloaz Rk. II^24+(6*${Medley.Tune})^1
song9=Darkened Breath of Harmony^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
song10=Second Psalm of Veeshan^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
song11=Chorus of Xigam^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
song12=Dirge of Lost Horizons^24 && !${Me.Song[Dirge of Lost Horizons].ID}

song13=Dissident Psalm^60^1 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
song14=Jembel's Lively Crescendo^60^1 && !${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}

some songs only run if in combat state (great)
not clear what Medley.Tune means , cause songs run with or with out tune stuck in your head
not sure what the ^ does in several spots
I pretty much cut and pasted and works for the most part
song 12 has a long delay after it goes of and Id prefer it to go off ONLY if he doesnt have that song on (tried) it goes off regardless (not the worst thing in the world)
I would love to know what this whole thing means
Code:
^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1

MQ2Medley implements a priority queue for spells. Basically this means that the plugin looks at song1 and checks to see if the condition is true, and if the timer has expired, then it casts it.

If song1's condition is false, or the timer is active, then it checks song2, then song3, etc.

It always starts at the top.

Each entry has 3 parts :
1 - song name
2 - song duration
3 - condition when to cast

Code:
song4=Rigelon's Reckless Renewal Rk. II^24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})^1

The author chose to use ^ as a deliminator so the above entry is for:

1 - Name = "Rigelon's Reckless Renewal Rk. II"
2 - Duration = "24 + (6*${Medley.Tune})"
3 - Condition = 1

Which means if you have cast everything else above this song, always cast it, and using a recast timer of 24s or 30s based on if Tune Stuck in your head is active.

I personally don't think you're going to be able to get Medley mez well on its own. MQ2Medly just handles casting and doesn't do anything for targeting. You need some other logic to handle detecting adds, changing targets, casting, and timing for when to remez. Not to mention detecting if the target is unmezable, or resisted mez.

You really want to use a macro ( or plugin ) that can handle that logic and then tell medley when to break out of the normal logic and and do a mez instead.

I don't think any of the straight up solutions that just detect XTarget[2].ID --> cast mez are going to work well.

i prefer ae mez w bard and therefore rely on that vs single cast myself

what i have working is this

Code:
song2=Wave of Somnolence Rk. II^30^${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${SpawnCount[NPC radius 40 zradius 40]} >1 && ${Target.PctHPs}<98 ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}

I think you're if has one too many parts and/or you are missing a " && " between the last condition

Code:
${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${SpawnCount[NPC radius 40 zradius 40]} >1 && ${Target.PctHPs}<98 ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}

vs

Code:
${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${SpawnCount[NPC radius 40 zradius 40]} >1 && ${Target.PctHPs}<98

Last edited: