MQ2Bot Request - way to influence target picking

flatlined785

Reaction score
I'd like to request a way to influence target picking on the bot.
I get various situations where it seems the bot just picks the next target at almost random from the ETargW. I know I can run scripts to repeatedly try and adjust the selection, but it still tends to cause wrong targets at times.

I am imagining something like :
For each zone, maybe a global too, ability to have a "Priority Target" list.
Would need to be able to add, remove, clear, show the list.
Would need to be able to do PriorityTargetIf for each one, and that if would basically allow skipping.

Then the bot would pay attention to this list when targetting for dps, and presumably check it had a good target on some kind of regular basis.

This would allow us to set up for specific fights, such as balancing fights, and also for spawning fights where we might want to go off a specific mob when others spawn, kill them, then back to specific mob.

In general use we could set priority for healer trash mobs, or casters, or whatever.

At the moment, it's a crapshoot using a script, since the (MA) bot will pick it's own target and people will assist and dps that mob, then the macro will have fired, adjusted, and the toons cascade their assists over.

I can imagine having macros to set the priorities for a situation, rather than have the macro fighting the bot on what to actually do next.

Update : I was just trying to make the MA's target be a different mob on the target list. I spent the whole fight clicking the alternate target, over and over. If I don't do this, the bot switches the target back to the one it originally selected.

The only way to alter this is to stop the bot and pick a new target manually then restart.

So .. scripts trying to prioritize or balance .. have to keep stopping the bot atm. I wrote something that did balancing, mostly worked, but it's such a pain. Even disabling that target selection lock would be better, ie a mode where a person either manually must target, or have a script to do it.