Banned Player Talks on EQ Boards, Chat Logs Not Recorded

xcheck

Go Blue!
Reaction score
it is an interesting post...the onlt response i have to that is...risk vs reward

Logging chat would be insane... however tells are not safe if a GM listens in. They have that ability still, so if you are suspect of doing something, they can monitor your commands.

This guy was banned for using the command /gate.

You might not want to use /taunt for a while.

/taunt and /gate are two different things.. /taunt spoofs movement packets. /gate issues a DoTheZone command to simulate death and zoning to your bind point.

On that note, yes, I'd still be careful doing either one. Lots of crackdowns lately. Passive MQ2 is the safest way to go (if you use it at all)..

It was my understanding of /taunt that it also issues a /taunt command, which isn't available to all "play characters."

That's a buzz phrase that was used in one of Kyth's posts.

Aneuren said:
It was my understanding of /taunt that it also issues a /taunt command, which isn't available to all "play characters."

That's a buzz phrase that was used in one of Kyth's posts.

That's very true.. Careful using this if you don't already have the skill (and careful using it even if you do!)

I took something else from that thread. I got that they know people cheat, they know what they do, and more blatant users will be dealt with more harshly. They won't crack down as hard if you /warp a few times a week, but /zone /gate /warp /fade over over and over... BAM! And I got "We know people cheat, just don't take us for idiots or treat us as such.."

The thing is they are cracking down on some innocent people too. Someone on the progressional server got banned for using a faith stone gate.

FOHGuild said:
The final straw that forced me to post was the blatent retardation of the GM who banned a member for "warping" to Rivervale. The only problem was he used Faithstone of Mischief which he bought from the bazaar channel. Moreover, the player did not get a tell explaining the situation or giving the player a chance to explain how he got to Rivervale. He just went LD, and when he tried to login, he found out he was suspended.

FOh Guild Thread

Looks like there detection methods are still hit and miss.

Fry.

lol... I got lcuky today too.... I got back from work, scrolled up in my mq2 window, saw greenand yellow and red so... it went something like...

You loot 31 platinum, 34 gold, 26 silver pieces from corpse
GM xxxxx has entered the zone
Waiting for respawns, resetting failure counter,
Failure to acquire target in range 3000 1 time
Failure to acquire target in range 3000 2 times
Failure to acquire target in range 3000 3 times
Failure to acquire target in range 3000 1 time
Failure to acquire target in range 3000 2 times
Failure to acquire target in range 3000 3 times