Search results

1. W

SoD essence farming

Melee box team here In FoS, I finally gave up on named in instances, took too long for too little reward. I just keep the mobs at the north end in FoS dead and the named pop plenty often. Yes, you need to eventually hit up Slact and those mobs aren't quite as trivial, but still beats the...
  2. W

Multiboxing

6 box with WinEQ HP laptop, 4gig ram, 512mb video ram, WinEQ 2.0.....6 box without issue, been at it for a long time. With my hardware, 7 starts to push things, will have video issues after extending playing. I could prolly tweak some settings and run 7 fine. In short, go for it.
  3. W

Level 85 AA Locations?

fartaunt fartaunt the pet first, then the pet's owner
  4. W

MQ2Melee, skillups and PvP

Thanks! Very cool, thanks!. Guessed there had to be something.
  5. W

MQ2Melee, skillups and PvP

Trying to raise some melee skills on severl of my toons. Took them to the arena to duke it out, kicking and bashing and hand-to-hand....hey, it's a slow day. Discovered that melee and PvP don't mix. That's fine for hand-to-hand, turn it off and let them pound away. For kick and bash/slam, am...
  6. W

Spell research.

EQTraders is the best source for skillup data Item and triv Quill of the Prophet (35) Vial of Pure Water (54) Parchment Solution (144) Fine Parchment Solution (174) Vellum Parchment Solution (203) All of the ingredients for these are store bought. The solutions use vial of pure water, so...
  7. W

Boomerang Brawl

Edit appreciated Good catch, thanks. My original version was hard-coded with toon names. When I stopped to take time to do the macro right, they put in the lockout and the part you fixed wasn't tested live. Hope you found it useful.
  8. W

Boomerang Brawl

Updated to include my macro
  9. W

Boomerang Brawl

Another version that uses EQBC Before they cut off general access, I whipped up a macro that uses EQBC. I box three toons, so we're the three required toons. I pass the three toon names as parameters when I initiate the macro on one of the boxes. The three toons setgrav 0, zwarp 500, and...
  10. W

Underfoot Tourist Guide

Thanks for the comments, was wondering about this one. Just currency for the reward? Lockout timer?
  11. W

Drood2 macro

Scouting and Mapping FYI, these were nerfed quite awhile ago in that they are no longer repeatable. If someone is doing these tasks now, it's likely they are doing the entire set of hand aug tasks. Might as well do these two legit while you run around TBS for the other tasks.
  12. W

Recommendation for Naggy.

Forum feedback Thanks for the link, but jeez louise....I thought we had drama in our forums here at times, but this tame compared to the crap on the SOE site. They're posting faster than I can read it. I suspect I'll continue working these for a bit, with the intention of upgrading some...
  13. W

Recommendation for Naggy.

More info on nerf Anyone have a link for this post?
  14. W

Dumb Question need help

MMOFastMem This is exactly what MMOFastMem does. As Village described, you can load an entire spell set in a flash. During combat, I usually don't need to re-load an entire spell set, just cast a particular spell not currently memmed. I do this by setting up a hotkey, /casting the spell I...
  15. W

cheap tribute

Droga for tribute Named all spawn in two areas, hang around for three cycles or so and collect 20-50K.
  16. W

Name change pop-up . . . new?

Anecdotal, but not definitive: In the absence of MQ, I decided to create some toons on Mayong earlier today. I created characters with the same name as my main toons on my regular server. Three toons, on three different accounts. Got tired of MQ-less Mayong inside 20 minutes, and re-connected...
  17. W

Sneak peak at 8-12-09 patch notes

Servers going down at 1pm Pacific time for 30 minute emergency patch.
  18. W

Patch Notes - 18 June 2009

EXE was updated on my system ...you're not blind.....just blindly optimistic :)
  19. W

Not Changing Memory

New DoCrack.ini htw posted a new DoCrack.ini....see the main thread for the new compile
  20. W

New EQ Popup Window on Login

One can list entries in zoned.ini. Wonder if it's possible to issue a "close window" command by this method. Yes, the code would fire every time you enter a new zone, but I assume it would essentially be a no-op if the named window was not open.