Search results

1. S

Question / Comment on AA Exp

Below 4k AA's you get a massive, linear, decaying bonus to your xp. Starts off at like 15x bonus or something silly, and decays to no bonus at 4k. XP bonuses in EQ work a little differently, namely a percentage. So for example, lets say you're getting 1000% (10x) XP for AA's. LotD = +100%...
  2. S

new to pet class

Pet position only matters to a water pet if the pet doesn't have weapons. If water pet has weapons, it'll back stab from anywhere. What you're prolly seeing quack (and correct me if I'm wrong, please), is from behind, mobs have lower AC, thus taking more damage overall. I think this is the...
  3. S

new expansion

FINALLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my lightsabers back!
  4. S

EQN reveal discussions

Ahh nevermind, it was just an ominous twitter post from Smedley.
  5. S

EQN reveal discussions

They said that the world after battles would self-heal after a certain amount of time. No worries about permanent change just from a single combat, otherwise I'm sure there would be griefers going around just leveling the entire game until we're left with this flat plain of rubble. With them...
  6. S

EQ keynote

I was hearing this is only supposed to be for 15th anniversary next year. Mercs going to get 4 equipment slots (primary, secondary, chest, helm I've heard) and some passive AA's. I think some guys were suggesting it was going to be some merc only equipment that could drop, but I'm not sure. I...
  7. S

Post your Holyshits and Downshits!

Code tags yo, use and love em!
  8. S

If I petition should I turn of MQ2?

Personally, I've done 2 character account moves. I petition on the website, then they send me mail telling me to let them know when I'm off. I log off, send message, usually it's done instantly from there
  9. S

How To Play On EQMac On PC Client - Al'Kabor - Free To Play - Download Client

Does MQ work on the mac server? Also, I'd imagine that since it's an old server, active hacks, and even old active hacks like ghost kill should be working, no?
  10. S

Heart of Fear

Basically, I cast Regular invis (Group Perfect Invisibility AA) and then (Group Perfect Invisibility to Undead AA) both from my mage. I was trying to get it to stick on my warrior (Didn't care about it sticking on my mage), but it was overwriting it as if though they took up the same buff slot...
  11. S

Old RAF Accounts

Thanks a ton, looks like I'll have to sub the mooks. Was trying to avoid spending an extra 45 a month, so I was leaving the recruitee accounts as silver in t1 gear. But, I want my xp bonus! =P
  12. S

Old RAF Accounts

Dumb questions, but do the accounts all have to be gold status to get the XP bonus? Right now, my recruiter account is gold, but my recruitee accounts are silver, and no one is getting the XP bonus.
  13. S

Heart of Fear

Last night I was trying to do this, but regular invis kept overwriting my IVU and vice versa, does it have to be a different type of invis or something?
  14. S

Some questions for r/l believers

Japan
  15. S

I wish I did haha. I don't get history channel over here :(... And they just made the laws for downloading illegal stuff hold a 6 figure penalty, jail time, and deportation. Makes me sad in the pants :(
  16. S

Personally, I think we do. I think God is just another name for Odin, Zeus, Allah, etc Loki was both a norse god and an Angel. Coincidence? I think not! I'd be willing to bet all the angels are just the lesser gods from various polytheist religions =P
  17. S

Patton Oswalt - Sky Cake - YouTube Single best explanation of religion, ever....
  18. S

No argument from me there. But, the exploitation of religion doesn't affect the majority to the point of wholesale slaughter of non-believers =P
  19. S

That's a pretty extreme exaggeration. The majority of the Muslim population doesn't misinterpret the Koran in the same way that extremists do. Extremists are only a small percentage. That's like saying all Christians are God-fearing, convert or be labeled a sinner forever because that's how...
  20. S

hacking EQ

"I uhhhh... saved a ton of quest rewards from UF and claimed em all at once... Honest!"