Recent content by shadewalker

1. S

MQ2 on the 50/51 Server

I believe it was said that you get all your spells/discs and some decent gear, which I assume means defiant. Personally, I'm gonna love the new server. I play EQ to mess around with different strategies/classes/etc. With the new server, I can reroll a new character with gear, a decent selection...
  2. S

Checking for players in the group

Or else this: /if (${SpawnCount[group class enchanter]}) { /ASK_FOR_SPEED } else /if (${SpawnCount[group class shaman]}) { /ASK_FOR_HASTE } Then again, being that I enjoy torturing myself with code, I might do it as this: /docommand ${If[${SpawnCount[group class...
  3. S

saving plugins for compile

To be clear, here's the process to follow: Download the installer from the site. Run the installer. The first time, let it overwrite everything. Now, run the mmoloader exe, and do plugin config. Hit the Save button to store that config. Run EQ. Then, when you need to update after patches, just...
  4. S

51/50 vs Progression

Um... I don't think that thought was linear. I didn't read it as "I voted for 51/50 BECAUSE I wanted a classic old server." It sounded more like "I voted for 51/50. I wanted a classic old server, but that was not a choice." Personally, since I much prefer the coding aspect of the game over the...
  5. S

piggy zone zomg

There isn't a level req on PoTranq anymore. I saw a lvl 1 there the other day, and out of curiousity checked it out with one of my alts. So they've removed the 46 requirement.
  6. S

Chain zoning

Um... Except now instead of popping in/out at one spot when you zone, you've just bounced rapidly up past people wandering the library. I vote for the "bind in an obscure room" idea. So maybe warp to the top of the library once, bind, and then chainzone. Also, your trick only works if you're...
  7. S

Anyone use NoAccel?

You're absolutely right. Using the speeding analogy (which is extra applicable here), you're saying that if you don't wanna get pulled over, don't speed. The point I'm making is, if you know you're going to speed, don't do it next to the cops, and don't be stupid with it. I wouldn't advise...
  8. S

Anyone use NoAccel?

One might argue that trying to hide it IS using it wisely.
  9. S

GM stealing plat

My guess is watching both large transactions and the market. If they see 20 separate toons all give multiple millions of plat to one account, and then they see that one account distribute it over time to several other players, they can then follow all those people and see who's farming, who's...
  10. S

GM stealing plat

Honestly, they still make plenty of money regardless. That's like yelling at the kid working at Walmart who is always rude and disrespectful. He doesn't give a shit that you'll "take your money elsewhere". Even if you convince 100 people to boycott Walmart forever, he still gets paid, Walmart...
  11. S

Macro/Plugin Question - And your opinion?

I'd have to agree with BluJahz about EQBC. Personally, I use EQBC in conjunction with MQ2Cast, MQ2Melee, and MQ2AdvPath, which basically turns each additional character into a pet for whoever I'm currently looking at. For instance, with MQ2Advpath and EQBC, "/bct NAME //afollow spawn ${Me.ID}"...
  12. S

mmoplugins.com?

Honestly, even way back when there really was a working dll, it took less than 30 minutes after downloading to bypass the instance-only checks. Nevermind that you could bypass the name check as well. Point is, he's gonna be raving like this so long as people keep throwing him money on the hopes...
  13. S

Plugin: MQ2AllSaves

Or no... No. And no. Besides being completely and totally illegal, as well as nearly 100% impossible, on top of being completely crazy, no.
  14. S

MMOPLUGINS.COM

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=420518448&albumID=0&imageID=1575024#a=0&i=2929580 Now it all makes sense.
  15. S

new computer

I'm running my current comp on a P5K Deluxe, and it actually busted a couple months back. Basically, Newegg's replacement deal was only 30 days, but I called up Asus, shipped it off, and got a new one in under 2 weeks. For the record, Asus live chat support is a piece of steaming shit. Over the...