Recent content by memset

1. M

51/50 vs Progression

ROFL Yeah, eq is boring now heh. Plus when I did play, I'd get TOO addicted and it affects RL...
  2. M

3 Box' question now with the merc's avaible

SK/sham combo is pretty deadly, imo. Toss in a mage for a 3rd box if you ever decide to run 3... And dev is the man when it comes to macros. Glad you enjoy mine as well. I'm quitting EQ though I'm 99% sure, so my contributions in the form of macros will be non-existant here shortly as I won't...
  3. M

Couple Questions for the Experts

So the guy in guild lobby also sells the tinea's that you need too?
  4. M

Couple Questions for the Experts

Wow I didn't know that... so you only need void D then for full T5 gear?
  5. M

Another Shaman Macro

|Wait4rez.inc v2.1 Sub Wait4Rez /echo Awaiting rez: auto-accepting, and looting my corpse /consent group /delay 25 /consent raid /delay 25 /consent guild :rezmeffs /delay 600m ${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open} /if (!${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open}) /goto :rezmeffs /nomodkey /notify...
  6. M

Running Everquest in Linux

Ah, I don't use compiz anymore. It makes wine SLOOOOW... Editplus takes about 1 second or less to load when I click it without compiz.... with compiz it'll take minimum 15 seconds, generally 20+.
  7. M

lol doh... I don't remember EXACTLY what it was I did... all I (vaguely) remember is I edited out something (commented out) in a config file that was related to the use of metacity... software renderer.. something. Bleh sorry. Watches windows "wobble" as I moved them was funny though... I still...
  8. M

Yeah, had that issue too... ended up swapping video cards. Edited a config file before that and made compiz work, but was kinda sluggish... I meant to swap out video cards a long time ago anyway.
  9. M

Oh cool thanks man :) I had Ubuntu 8.04 before, but it's been a while.. then I tried 9.04 and I've had zero complaints so far. Install was a breeze, zero driver issues, Synaptic has been great, etc etc. Lovin it. Gonna go ahead & toss Ubuntu 9.04 on one of my laptops so I can take one with me...
  10. M

EQ still doesn't run right (same thing, except way slower)... but it did speed up the launch time of Editplus by about a second woot lol.
  11. M

mike@mike-linux:~/Windows Files/Sony/EverQuest$ wine --version wine-1.1.20 mike@mike-linux:~/Windows Files/Sony/EverQuest$ I upgraded to the devel version... 1.1.20 (latest). Now I get: mike@mike-linux:~/Windows Files/Sony/EverQuest$ wine ./Everquest.exe wine client error:0: version mismatch...
  12. M

Hm, I used apt-get to grab the latest stable (1.0.1).. do I *need* to upgrade to the devel version? This is the last line from WINE when I click "Play"... wine: Call from 0x7b8455b0 to unimplemented function d3dx9_24.dll.D3DXGetTargetDescByName, aborting I grabbed a copy of d3dx9_24.dll and...
  13. M

Ok, so I installed Ubuntu 9.04... have WINE installed, and I use Editplus using WINE and it works great. Out of curiousity I used wine to load Everquest.exe... and to my amazement, the launcher ran very quickly and updated.. then I clicked Play, and launcher vanished as it always did.. but no...
  14. M

Vista Black Edition

Ahh ok... gonna skip Windows 7 for now then. Might grab a legit copy after it's been released, tired of screwing around with pirated versions. I have a spare laptop I can install it on...
  15. M

Vista Black Edition

That's the one I downloaded. My only concern is it's only good til Aug 2009 apparently... what's that mean exactly? My license will be no good after that & I will have to get a new one? The OS will stop working? What? lol