MQ2EQWire lowers CPU and GPU usage for EverQuest when it's running in the background without affecting in-game performance.
FPS limiters claim to do something similar, such as the one included in EverQuest's options -> display -> advanced as well as MQ2FPS, but they also reduce response and action times of clients running in the background.
MQ2EQWire entirely stops EverQuest's draw call, meaning the graphics won't update when running in the background, but the game will respond as normal.
It can be used in conjunction with an FPS limiter for maximum CPU reduction, or on its own for maximum performance with a slight effect on CPU reduction.
- /wire help - Command List
- /wire BGRenderRate # - Set the background render rate. E.g. /wire BGRenderRate 0
- /wire statuson - Show "now in front" & "now in back" messages
- /wire statusoff - Hide "now in front" & "now in back" messages
- /wire debugon - Show debug messages
- /wire debugoff - Hide debug messages
- /wire on - View wireframes, looks neat
- /wire off - Turn off wireframes
- /wire drawchaton - A feature that turns on drawing chatboxes. Why do you need to see chatboxes on your alts anyway? Forward tells to your main, silly! This also has a performance hit, so it's not recommended.
- /wire drawchatoff - Turns off drawing chatboxes