Zippzipp's Funland - Beta

Anyone on Zipp's server still?

Think I may start fresh and see how I go :cool:

Server name the same? I tried to log in the other day and couldn't find the server in the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Server name still the same, it's down the list in white.

Tried to play again, same issue with client descyn / lagging / excessive pings. I think this is an EQemulator issue itself (i.e. code based) rather then Zipp's server.

Just sucks :mad:

this server is a lot of fun, im rolling a sk and two mages atm . managed to get naggy and vox down but at level 51 locked its hard to kill CT phinny I haven't tried yet and well Inny I cant seem to locate lol

anyone have any basic assist/caster macs that will work on zip zip server with underfoot download?

Anyone else getting some extreme lag and constant locking up?? seems like everytime I engage a raid mob, I have 4 of 6 toons locking up by the end of it have to log them and load everything back up again this is a constant issue if anyone else is having this not sure if Zipp needs to reboot the server or what

Thanks

Tiki

4 toons with 5 bots each? Some people get lag with that many bots/toons/etc.

6 toons 5 bots each I've had it happen with as few as two toons tho and 5 bots

6 toons 5 bots each I've had it happen with as few as two toons tho and 5 bots

The bots take up way more resources then toons. Being why you lag and crash on some.

Unfortunately the above is why I had to stop playing. I would love to play on this server, but just cant.

yea botlag is a bitch. Not much I can do about it. If I had known it was such a pain in the ass I woulda made the content beatable with fewer bots.

yea botlag is a bitch. Not much I can do about it. If I had known it was such a pain in the ass I woulda made the content beatable with fewer bots.

Where does the bot lag come from? Is it a server CPU issue? Or it the way eqemu is coded?

It has been a while since I tried to debug it, but what I remember is it had to do with the way bot movement is calculated server side and it somehow took saturates the bandwidth of the user. Some people get it others don't. Whether or not you get it typically depends on how far you are from the server. When I had a dedicated server hosted in Kansas City it was much better for a lot of people.