Zed "scammed" me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo

Reaction score
It really pains me to post this, but no doubt he scammed me. Not sure it was his intention when he purchased it, but he certainly ended up doing it.

I sold him a druid from here for $200. Over a month went by, things were fine. We actually talked on phone a few times about the account and I asked him some questions about WoW. He was very cool, answered everything. Then about 3 weeks ago I got an email from paypal saying he charged back his credit card because it was an unauthorized charge.

I emailed him when I got that asking what happened...did I do something wrong? Here is the emails:

Code:
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 07:10:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Chargeback

Sorry bout this bro my son did some questionable things with my account recently which caused it to be removed from my control. I pretty much lost the passwords to a few important sites paypal and my bank being among them. As it sits right now Im waiting for paypal ro reconfirm my info so I can be granted access to it and dispute the various charges I did *not* authorize.

Basically I got my statement in the mail on Mon and I had quite the negative balance and unfortunately your200 was in the mix and was disputed along with all the rest, soon as paypal gets straightened out Ill be letting them know that the transaction I made with you was OK. In the mean time for all fairness would you like the account infor for that druid again? That way things can be as fair as possible?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 10:00:18 AM
Subject: Chargeback

Why are you filing a chargeback bro?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

I wont bore you with every email but his son didnt do any charges.... it was him... we talked on the phone after he bought it for awhile... hehm lame. He just doesnt want to pay for it. He told me he submitted a claim to paypal that he had notirized and faxed to them claiming my charge was legit so they could reverse it... they received nothing. I have talked to them for 2 weeks and they havent received a thing much less heard from him. He was basically trying to put me off til they made a final decision and decided in his favor.

Obviously I want to make sure noone else gets burned, and if you sold him an account you might want to think about taking it back..... not advocatiing it, just making a comment based in fact. I gave him MANY chances to make it right before posting this and persuing legal action. I don't want to debate in this thread my rights or anything... I just want to make other people aware that he is a scammer.

We were informed a few weeks ago Zed sold his MMOBugs account to someone else. To my knowledge he never responded to these accusations. He more than likely decided to go out with a bang, and resell your character to someone else and chargeback you.

Thanks Fry. I should have made this post the day it happened to protect other people but not sure it would have made a difference.

The funny thing is, I have his name and address and I am going to be there on business next week. My hotel is literally like 10 mins from him. I will make time to stop by and say hello :) If nothing else just to let him know everything comes back around. I'm 6'5" 245#'s... will be worth it to see the look in his eyes when I say "Hello!"

what if he is 4'2" 350? he might sit on you!

Im 6'5" and 350(it was 383 2 months ago!) =p

There are bigger. And as far as I can tell either a lot of people on here are liars or MMOBugs hosts a bunch of gigantors.

But yeah I hate that you got scammed man. Crap happens. That is truly the worst excuse ever.

Thanks Fry. I should have made this post the day it happened to protect other people but not sure it would have made a difference.

The funny thing is, I have his name and address and I am going to be there on business next week. My hotel is literally like 10 mins from him. I will make time to stop by and say hello :) If nothing else just to let him know everything comes back around. I'm 6'5" 245#'s... will be worth it to see the look in his eyes when I say "Hello!"

Sorry to hear about this, what a bad excuse, blaming your kid when it's you spending too much and running yourself in a hole then making everyone else suffer.

Just be careful about stopping by, this guy could have guns and consider it threatening. On the other hand it would also teach him that he doesn't hold anonymity here at MMObugs.

;)

Get some panties

Rub fish all over it.

Put it in a box

get a note that says "i had a great time"

Put it at his door.

50/50 chance of awesome. Send him an email saying(without saying) that it was you. That should get your message across in an awesome way.

On another note, WTS DemonH2 account on MMObugs. $500

Get some panties

Rub fish all over it.

Put it in a box

get a note that says "i had a great time"

Put it at his door.

50/50 chance of awesome. Send him an email saying(without saying) that it was you. That should get your message across in an awesome way.
rofl. Nice!
On another note, WTS DemonH2 account on MMObugs. $500

I give you shiny penny!

In the mean time for all fairness would you like the account infor for that druid again? That way things can be as fair as possible?

Did you try to take him up on this?

In any case I'm sorry for your loss. What he did was very uncool.

Yeah, this guy is a scumbag.

FYI, to see if any matches up with what you have:

Code:
Hostname   [SIZE=-1]Country Code[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Country Name[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Region[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1][URL="http://www.maxmind.com/app/fips10_4"]Region Name[/URL][/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]City[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Postal Code[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Latitude[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Longitude[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]ISP[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Organization[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1][URL="http://www.maxmind.com/app/metro_code"]Metro Code[/URL][/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Area Code
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]75.132.192.103[/SIZE]    [SIZE=-1]US[/SIZE]       [SIZE=-1]United States[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]IL[/SIZE]     [SIZE=-1]Illinois[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Scott AFB[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]62225[/SIZE]         [SIZE=-1]38.5421[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]-89.8449[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]609[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]618[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]65.166.189.82[/SIZE]     [SIZE=-1]US[/SIZE]       [SIZE=-1]United States[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]NY[/SIZE]     [SIZE=-1]New York[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Clifton Springs[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]14432[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]42.9629[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]-77.1432[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Sprint[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]FINGER LAKES TECHNOLOGIES GROUP[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]538[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]315[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]99.19.7.160[/SIZE]       [SIZE=-1]US[/SIZE]       [SIZE=-1]United States[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]TX[/SIZE]     [SIZE=-1]Texas[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]Grand Prairie[/SIZE]              [SIZE=-1]32.7199[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]-96.9905[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]SBC Internet Services[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]SBC Internet Services[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]623[/SIZE]   [SIZE=-1]972[/SIZE]
The Texas one is most likely the poor sap he sold his lifetime account to, before I disabled it next day and they likely charged back on his ass.

htw

What's ironic about this is I had paypal dispute a charge I made on it's own. I bought a license for an anti-virus program online (bit defender... I love it), but it was a little unusual how bit defender had me pay for it... I had to go through a 3rd party for the online ordering. I guess paypal saw the redirect from bitdefender to this other site and flagged the transaction. I got a couple nasty, but professional emails from the 3rd party company asking why I was refusing to pay, etc, etc. I got it ironed out, but it took a few days.

I'm sorry, I'm having a pretty hard time beliveing Zed scammed you, I've known this chap in game for close to 9years, and he is a pretty stand up guy. Did you try taking him up on the offer to get the info back until it gets figured out, or did you just jump the gun to label him as a scammer? I've had some shit like this happen in the past where Paypal did a charge back on their own (not sure why, till this day) and I had to settle a couple disputes on this website for that very reason. I say if you haven't tried to take him up on his offer to give info back, I would try that and see if it works, if he doesn't I'm sorry to hear that, because like I said, he is a pretty stand up guy from the near 9yrs I've known him.

Best of luck though, I hope it works out for you in the end.

I'm sorry, I'm having a pretty hard time beliveing Zed scammed you, I've known this chap in game for close to 9years, and he is a pretty stand up guy. Did you try taking him up on the offer to get the info back until it gets figured out, or did you just jump the gun to label him as a scammer? I've had some shit like this happen in the past where Paypal did a charge back on their own (not sure why, till this day) and I had to settle a couple disputes on this website for that very reason. I say if you haven't tried to take him up on his offer to give info back, I would try that and see if it works, if he doesn't I'm sorry to hear that, because like I said, he is a pretty stand up guy from the near 9yrs I've known him.

Best of luck though, I hope it works out for you in the end.
Sorry bout this bro my son did some questionable things with my account recently which caused it to be removed from my control. I pretty much lost the passwords to a few important sites paypal and my bank being among them. As it sits right now Im waiting for paypal ro reconfirm my info so I can be granted access to it and dispute the various charges I did *not* authorize.

Basically I got my statement in the mail on Mon and I had quite the negative balance and unfortunately your200 was in the mix and was disputed along with all the rest, soon as paypal gets straightened out Ill be letting them know that the transaction I made with you was OK. In the mean time for all fairness would you like the account infor for that druid again? That way things can be as fair as possible?

25 days ago. No word. No action.

I hate to say it, but Bevo is being a lot more reasonable than I would have been.

htw

Agreed, not to mention the possibility that Zed is trying/was trying to sell his MMOBugs.com account. Funny, I didn't know they had a lot of value. :)

He actaully sold the account to two seperate people from what i read. Both of them have tried to get money back from him with no luck.

The idiot tried to sell it threw the forum PM system?

WTS MMObugs account...cause it's too hard to just sign up for one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.