Wiz not using nuke with bot.mac

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I added a fourth nuke to my wizard's rotation but damn if he will not cast it. I checked and rechecked for typos, nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Code:
[Nuke]
NukeTotal=4
NukeTotalIfNamed=4
ForceMemNuke=FALSE
NukeAnnounce=TRUE

NukeUse1=TRUE
NukeSpellName1=Claw of the Oceanlord
NukeSpellGem1=gem3
NukeUseAtMobPctHP1=96
NukeStopAtMobPctHP1=10
NukeRecast1=1s
NukeConditions1=

NukeUse2=TRUE
NukeSpellName2=Ethereal Skyblaze
NukeSpellGem2=gem2
NukeUseAtMobPctHP2=98
NukeStopAtMobPctHP2=1
NukeRecast2=1s
NukeConditions2=

NukeUse3=TRUE
NukeSpellName3=Thricewoven Stormstrike
NukeSpellGem3=gem8
NukeUseAtMobPctHP3=96
NukeStopAtMobPctHP3=10
NukeRecast3=1s
NukeConditions3=

NukeUse4=TRUE
NukeSpellName4=Ice Grinder
NukeSpellGem4=gem5
NukeUseAtMobPctHP4=96
NukeStopAtMobPctHP4=10
NukeRecast4=1s
NukeConditions4=

Just a couple of things to double check or try:

1. Since ForceMemNuke is set to false, be sure that Ice Grinder is memed in gem 5 and nothing is getting force memed in its place.

2. Assuming that's all good, have you tried setting NukeUse1-3 to false to see if he casts Ice Grinder? It may be a problem with the macro getting caught up in other routines that is preventing it to go to Nuke 4.

3. If he doesn't cast it, do you have rank 1, 2, or 3? If you have only rank 1, try getting rank 2 and changing NukeSpellName4 to Ice Grinder Rk. II. I remember back in TDS (I think) where there were some issues with the EQ devs adding a space at the end of the spell name that caused the bots not to recognize the name. Getting rank II and adding that in the name seemed to fix it.

Other than that, I don't see any problems off the top of my head.

Ice Grinder was memmed.

Adding Rk. II to the ini didn't work. Neither did setting nukes from 1-3 instead of 1-4.

I tried swapping Ice Grinder with Thricewoven and it works. Grinder is cast, Thrice is not. So even though i said 4 nukes, it's only casting 3.

Any more ideas?

Last edited:
I logged in my wiz and tried it out by coping your Nuke section into my wizard's ini using 40oz's bot mac update. I think what you are experiencing is your spells 1-3 are refreshing before it ever gets to spell 4 on the list. As I was testing it, I noticed there was never any downtime to nuke casting other than the global refresh. During the hour or so I was pulling, it used Nuke4 very rarely. I set NukeUse3 to false and it started casting Nuke 4. Even with some nukes having somewhat long refresh timers, claw managed to refresh them quite often. You can try setting one of the UseNuke settings to false to see what you come up with, but from the limited testing I did, it appears that is the issue.

ticker's theory seems reasonable. The mac does some basic checking, if it can't find the nuke, it would complain at the beginning about INI errors.

Yeah I watched it last night. When Ice Grinder is set to fourth, the other 3 recycle so fast that it never gets to Ice. I had assumed the macro would cycle through the 4 before restarting at 1, but I guess it restarts if one of the earlier nukes recycles.

Just fiddle with the recast time for spell 3 so it'll skip 3 and do 4 instead every other spell cycle

What about maybe keeping track of last cast nuke, and say an option on whether to do full cycle?

FullCycle=0 or 1 : 0 = work as it is, always check nuke readiness from 1/2/3/... 1 = Start checking at next in cycle, so e.g. if 1 was last, then check 2, then 3, etc.

Nuke1=first nuke spell name
Nuke2=second nuke spell name
Nuke3=third nuke spell name
Nuke4=fourth nuke spell name
Nuke5=fifth nuke spell name

if FullCycle=1, then
Nuke1 ready? Yes, cast it, set LastNuke=1
If LastNuke is set, then Nuke(LastNuke+1) ready? Yes, cast it, set LastNuke=LastNuke+1
etc.

Would that be a worthwhile option to add do you think?

htw

I've never thought about nukes as a rotation like that. More a priority queue. I haven't dug in to the logic that bot.mac uses for nuking yet, but it just makes sense to me that you start from nuke1 to nukeX and cast the first one that meets the requirements.

It's very rare to me that I really want to go nuke1->nuke2->nuke3->nuke4.

I usually want to go something like

Nuke1 if GOM is up and not these other conditions
Nuke2 if it's ready and these other conditions apply
Nuke3 only if burning
Nuke4 only if burning
Nuke5 only if not burning
Nuke6 as filler
Nuke7 as less efficient filler
Nuke8 as lasts resort filler
Nuke1 even if GOM isn't up and magically all my filler is down.

If you make it a permanent rotation, you could still skip pieces of the rotation, but generally you can rate nukes from most->least efficient, pepper in what special cases you want up top, and then go for it.