Where Am I Going Wrong in This Line?

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying to get my paladin to use the new target of target heal spells. My other thread got no responses, so I have been trying to tinker with mq2melee to get them to fire. When I use the line below, it DOES cast the intended spell, but it spams it. What I am trying to get it to do is cast "Burst of Wakening" when the paladin's target of target is below 80% (ie, regardless of whether the paladin is tanking or another character is tanking the NPC the paladin is attacking, the paladin will cast the target of target heal spell when the NPC's target is below 80%). Does anyone see what I need to manipulate here to stop it from spamming, and instead only cast when the target of target (the toon tanking the targeted NPC) is under 80% life?

Thanks!

holyshit0=/if (${TargetofTarget.PctHPs}<80 && ${Cast.Ready[Burst of Wakening]} && ${Me.PctMana}>3 ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Burst of Wakening"

If I am reading it correctly

It's going to keep casting the spell as long as it's ready and the mob is under 80% health.

I normally use the TLO ${Me.SpellReady[Burst of Wakening]} thought ${Cast.Ready[Burst of Wakening] should in theory do the same thing, it's just a MQ2Cast TLO.

I'd get in game and do some /echos of TLO's to make sure everything is triggering TRUE when you want it to

so do /echo ${TargetofTarget.PctHPs}

Make sure that displays under 80 when you want it to cast.

Check out ${Cast.Ready[Burst of Wakening]} and make sure that is triggering TRUE only when spell is ready and FALSE when it's not.

Nothing is standing out to be wrong, but you really just need to double check it all to figure out where it's going wrong. It is going to continue to cast the spell over and over as long as the mob is under 80% health and it's ready. Let me know how it goes.

I think I worded it wrong in my post. It is not spamming always, it just is not ONLY casting it when the character the NPC is targeting is under 80%. As you pointed out, it seems to be tying the casting with the percent life of the NPC, so when the NPC is under 80% it chain casts it. How can I make it where the casting is tied to the health of the character the NPC is TARGETING?

I was hoping the line targetoftarget in the If setting would make it cast based on the health of the target of the NPC, but apparently that line is not doing as I was hoping, and is instead casting based on the health of the NPC itself.

Is it even possible to make it cast only when the CHARACTER the NPC is TARGETING is under 80%? (ie, my paladin is targeting the NPC, and the NPC is targeting either the paladin or someone else...I want the paladin to cast the heal only based on health of what the NPC is targeting)

Thanks!

The TLO your after is

${Me.TargetOfTarget.PctHPs} not ${TargetofTarget.PctHPs} (That isn't a valid TLO)

holyshit0=/if (${Me.TargetOfTarget.PctHPs}<80 && ${Cast.Ready[Burst of Wakening]} && ${Me.PctMana}>3 ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Burst of Wakening"

Missing && in between the mana check and target type check too, although I figure you probably found that.

htw