What's a good 5box combo?

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting over on a new server. What's a good 5 box combo?

Currently I'm doing SK/ENC/SHM/2x WIZ at the time I done this wiz were top DPS. Not sure what's changed, is it still a good combo?

What would be the perfect combo for group content?

If you are set on 5:

Tank(flavor of choice)/brd/shm/ber/ber

What is your goal with the 5 characters? Group Content only? Raiding? Just having fun?

My opinion is a round about group:
Tank/Cleric/Ench/MeleeDPS/CasterDPS

I got to agree with the 'goal'. Efficiency, power, etc... or just what is fun. Most of my stuff over the years I pick fun first, since that's why I play a game. So even if it's not the most efficient class (or group or duo etc.), I still have fun levelling them up, AA's, what spells/skills I get, etc.

htw

How is a lifetime member expired?
Because while it's a longass time, it's not for your entire 'life'. ;)

10 years or something I think? I dunno, Fry would.

htw

I would link you to the post about it, but it's in the lifetimers lounge, which you won't have access to unless you're a lifetimer :)

It was agreed a while back that while lifetime seemed like a great idea at the time that it hurt the MMOBugs developers financial ability to maintain the MMOBugs Version of MQ2 and all the wonderful plugins that come with it. Lifetimers agreed to a discounted rate after the before mentioned 10 year or so period. Had the lifetimers not agreed to such terms it's quite possible MMOBugs wouldn't be here anymore. You're welcome.

Just for group content. Melee characters seem more g ear dependent than casters I'm not sure if this matters or not.

Are wizards no good anymore? I think it's good to have at least 1 wiz for port/evac?

I do prefer SK tank but I don't know how good warrior and pally tanks are.

What about SK/CLR/ENC/WIZ/ZER? never played a zerker before. What about a rogue or monk?

Just for group content. Melee characters seem more g ear dependent than casters I'm not sure if this matters or not.

Are wizards no good anymore? I think it's good to have at least 1 wiz for port/evac?

What about SK/CLR/ENC/WIZ/ZER? never played a zerker before. What about a rogue or monk?

Ports can be nice, but then there's the guildlobby/hall stones for the most part. You can almost always get someone to port you. Evac's for sissies, no more corpse runs so it's not like it's going to end your day if you all die a horrible death by fighting to your last breath.

Zerkers are freaking monsters for DPS, they don't have mana to worry about, Bard is your go to for pulling unless you have a monster tank and they can hold aggro till chanter beams them up. Clr is nice :), Don't know about the rest of that stuff.

I personally run 6 sk/zerk/zerk/shm/clr/bard. There's nothing I can't tank and destroy casters damage takes too long for my purpose when my zerkers can kill a mob in less then 2 seconds

Zerk's are IMHO way overpowered. monk / rogue / ranger can't keep up.

Bard + Shammy = maximum melee DPS bufs with epics. They nurfed them some but still very good.

Wiz / Mage - still do good DPS and CoH are still great utility. Can really save you some time in the T2 zones. Group TL to bind is another nice time saver.

Really depends on what you want do with your group.

Bunch of casters nuking is nice so you look a little less bot'ish and can coh around.

Bunch of melee's takes a little longer to cut through a zone but you'll get more xp / gear cuz your killing everything.

I run Sk or pally to tank (sk for swarmes pally for pure tankage) Monk puller can single anything out there, Bard for deeps,shm buffs,cleric, then throw any merc cept tank merc in.. I love this make up can mezz anything punt/root with shm if things become to hectik.. heh

I have tried every combo I can think of but melee dps is what I love the best. I use bot plugin now but before that I used wizzys cause of ease to box. Now since heroic toons came out I have used my free monthly 500 to get 3 accts with a 105 zerker rogue and monk on them and I don't play but a few hours a night. Always use sk for tank because it was and is my first main I had and I play it the best and for grp stuff can tank and pull anything. Beast seems to win for me over shammy because of paragon and slows and haste and still melee dps. I use a cleric merc or have a regular cleric for hard ass mobs but he gets neglected a lot. I think Is fun as hell to play zerk zerk or monk monk or rogue rogue or any combo of the three although I have to write what gear they have down or when I get a upgrade it takes me forever to find which one has it and which one dont haha

Lot of good stuff said about zerkers I might power level 1 up and check em out. They do look more obvious as a MQ user but I'm not sure that's a deal breaker as a lot of stuff is done in instances and if someone does see me in the open world they are usually just passing by.

Do they run out of endurance?

Lot of good stuff said about zerkers I might power level 1 up and check em out. They do look more obvious as a MQ user but I'm not sure that's a deal breaker as a lot of stuff is done in instances and if someone does see me in the open world they are usually just passing by.

They have discs to help with endurace. I always used Respite and never ran out (as oppsed to second, third or fourth wind etc which have significantly longer recast) but i haven't actively played in well over a year, my zerker has remained dormant at 94 for some time.

With the release of eok and the sapping strikes disc my zerkers never run out of endurance

Enjoy it while you can because the nerf bat is always incoming when one class gets too many raves about their power. Last one was enchanter. Just hope and pray the devs don't make the usual mistake of OVER-compensating and making zerkers the weakest dps class as a result.

Yep

Happens every time, flavor of the month club.

I run the following:

war
monk
zerker
shaman
mag
cleric merc

So far nothing I can't handle up to EOK t2 named, and I'm under geared on pretty much all of them.

I generally pull with war, and I don't set myself as puller (merc runs with me). If I need a split, then the monk splits.

I have holy shits and down shits set for them all. But, they are selective, basically anything I could normally spam becomes a holy shit. Then, for named , I have burn hotkeys set up on each toon (generally 5 for each) tha tI cycle through.

Mag has a macro set up that basically replicates me spamming a multiband key - he is constantly casting, never stops, never pauses.

Mag coh's to spawn, I use isboxer for my attack keys. I pull with war, hit 7 key, that fires the 7 key on all toons. For most I is just assist / attack. For mag it is assist, send in pet, then start the nuke macro. For shaman it varies a lot depending on what I'm doing, but generally it is slow, pet attack, lion, and maybe a dot.

I don't do crowd control, my war pulls what he can handle (generally 2-3 at a time) and does AE agro. I burn on big pulls.

Don't need track, have a hack for that.

I don't need ports, I use /zone for that and mag

I don't need evac, I use /succor when it gets hairy

I replaced a bard with my shaman - bard melody pulled so much pull agro it wiped me constantly.

I never run out of endurance, but my mag does run out of mana, which is why I'll probably replace him with another melee.