What to add

cwd56

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am boxing an sk, bard, shammy, and zerker. I have no desire/reason to add in a real cleric, I am fine with the merc clr and shammy patching. I do however want to add some more dps, and curious what you guys think would be a nice fit? I have a mnk, rogue, rng, or necro that I could slide right into the grp and get the latest lvl's.

line up

well ive had excellent results with a rog for dps and i also have a necro for ranged dps, the necro dps AAs were much faster too get than the rogue. the rog required several more too be at max. both char types run very smoothely with little or zero human interaction.

I usually try to keep a ranger, rogue and monk. But my ranger got banned for no apparent reason on a fresh account with only one suspension.

Ranger for buffs, Rogue is always top DPS and monk parses close to if not above rogue on occasion.

ive had excellent results with a rog for dps

what macro are u using and what are u parsing on trash and on named (grp content voa)

i maxed out my rogue for hot but have pretty much given up on macroing him

With the melee-heavy dps of that group I'd probably add the ranger (TS discs are still overpowered, and their dps during burns on named is ridiculous) for all the reasons above.

Another option, albeit one that would require a fresh toon, would be to add a wizard for ports. With the travel-related plugins all hosed at the moment you could get a lot of traction out of wizard port-to-bind type stuff and still boost overall dps quite a bit.

my 2 cents

Rogue in that group fits well. However i understand the necor option as well.

I had a mage that I'd love to add, but the acct info was changed after I bought it from a member here. It was not immediately but after I had stopped playing for a little while when I moved. So if any of you know Trashman, tell him I want my money or my mage back....

The power a bst would add to your group would be insane. Necro would probably be more dps if you set it up just right but bst is way more fun.

Better yet forget mercs entirely and get both bst and nec. using necro group buff to proc a heal off of nukes a bst can keep a group healed in nearly any content by itself not to mention if the rest of the group is nuking too.

I would go with the necro for a few reasons. In VoA some of the named mobs require caster DPS to beat. Also it makes it a little easier to gear up your toons because the caster drops you get would otherwise rot.